genfreefly

how many actual 3-way teams are there out there now?

i've always been more of a fan of the 3-way artistic (not that VRW 4way is not a great progression in the sport).

how many 3-way teams are actually out there and who are they? i see in the recent nationals, the participation is weak and there has not been anyone really in the same 'league' as anomaly (no disrespect, and i apologize if there is someone that didn't occur to me, regardless, that is not what this thread is about)

thank in advance for satisfying my curiosity.
max

I can only speak for Skydive Dallas. As far as I know there are no three way Freefly teams training in Dallas for Nationals. We do have two VRW 4 Way teams currently training for Nationals.

Sorry. It looks like three way freefly teams are not very popular anymore.:|

cool, thanks for the update.
you know, its like, to follow 4-way fs, for example, its very easy to keep up on the more competitve teams.
that's kind of what i'm getting at with freefly, who's out there, who's a contender, etc..

who are the VRW teams training at dallas?

i would find it interesting to know who's out there for both 3-way and vrw

perhaps others would too

thanks!
max

Hey Max, I was on a 3-way team from Ohio last year (Lunacy). We placed 1st in intermediate which means we would have to enter open class this year. The top teams in open make 800 to 1000 practice jumps a year. Who can compete with that? We only did about 50 practice jumps before Nationals last year and probably couldn't do much more than that this year. Most of the team has wives and kids and can't commit that much time. I don't think I would want to practice the same jump that many times anyhow. We are hopeing to do VRW this year but are still looking for another person to fill the team up (are u intrested?). It is sad that the turn out is so small. Now with 4-way there is going to be even less. :(
Well, I hope this helps and hopefully I'll see you again sometime soon.
Peace,
Joe

Team Solstice is a 3 way freefly team, training out of Eloy.

2nd in open class last year - competing in the world meet and open class at nationals this year.

As soon as I find teammates and the time, I will be a member of a 3 way freefly team

Also, I don't think a low number of replies to a DZ.com post should justify thinking that "no one is competing" this year."

thanks for the input thus far.

i should clarify, i'm interested to know all the teams out there, not just the full-time/pro teams (not that are really any of those either, as far as i know (other than anomaly)

i think its great for any participation

also, i was being sarcastic with the 'looks like no teams will be competing this year'. just because there were no initial responses.

hey joe. as much as i'd love to get back into some competition, i don't think its a viable option for me to train in ohio.

thanks all, i'm still very interested to know who's out there.

so far we got: Team Solstice and Groovalicious.

anybody know of any other existing teams planning for nationals?

thanks!
max

i hope its more than just solstice and groovalicious.
as, if there are less than 4 teams for 2 consecutive nationals, the event gets dropped :-(

how messed up would that be?

We hope so too. But I'm not overly concerned at this point. As Ilea said, not everyone posts here, and its still early in the season. I've heard some rumors about other teams too. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see another team or two from eloy since nationals is there this year.

there are rumors of teams coming together...and who knows since I quit the NBA I think I might even be able to go to nationals this year...now if only I could find someone who could put up with my obnoxious ass on a team for the season...

:-P
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

There you go trunk get Ilea and one more and get started.
Good to see the groovy boys are still goin was some fun jumps after nationals last year hope we can do some more.

Solstice is training and just finished up our second camp trying to get things done mostly before the summer heat sets in. And there are at least 2 other teams out here in eloy, both of them i think are going to go intermediate.

I would love to start/join a team. I've got some great ideas for it. I need to find some other flyers who are ready, comitted, and at that level who aren't ridiculously far away.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook