Blassiter

HD and Sitfly

ok now before I get burned at the stake here I just want to make something perfectly clear. I am not going to try this anytime soon, I am just asking a question.

now with that being said i am very new to skydiving(about to start aff) and I have been pretty much obsessed with it the last year or so and I have been looking at as many videos/websites/forums that I can trying to gether as much information as i possibly can. HD and sitflying looks like something I would really enjoy once I get more experienced and I was wondering how difficult it is? I know i have a TON of work ahead of me and a TON of learning to do before I am anywhere near ready to try this but I was just curious

It's all possible... and everyone goes at their own pace. Sitflying is relatively easy to get the hang of, but head down is relatively hard. Think: standing up is easier to balance than on your head!

If money isn't an object, go to a wind tunnel. Start going now if you like; they'll have their own safety protocols and progression sytsem. A little time there will benefit your AFF progression.

The other thing you can do to help - once you've got your licence, go somewhere warm (like Z-hills in florida) for a couple of weeks and put the jumps in. You learn faster if you stay current.
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

Good thing you look to alot of video, thats what got me able to sitfly. I had started skydiving in the end of last years season, and finished it with 25 jumps, 2-3 of them trying to sitfly, but in vein.

Then winter came in. I looked around 100 hours of videos, at school, before bed, before lunch, each time analyzing what was happening, trying to recreate in my head the pressure involved on the feet, arms, legs, back, head..

5 months passed and I went to Z-hills to put some jumps since I was starting to be crazy and the season only started in 1 months and a half. First jump, I got out of the plane, put pressure on those feet, back, hands, and there ya go, got all the way down in a sitfly which was very stable.

If your a visual dude like me, go to www.skydivingmovies.comand download the entire freefly section :)
ps. make sure you got unlimited download so you dont get billed 2000$ at the end of the months :P

The "Sitfly" and "Backfly" videos from Skydive University are a surefire shortcut to progressing in freeflying-believe me-watching them a hundred times is worth at least a hundred jumps stumbling around without a clue about whats your doing. They are a gift from the gods.
SCR-21

The "Sitfly" and "Backfly" videos from Skydive University are a surefire shortcut to progressing in freeflying-believe me-watching them a hundred times is worth at least a hundred jumps stumbling around without a clue about whats your doing. They are a gift from the gods.

Brian Germain's "Vertical Journey 2" is an excellent learning video as well. B|

Yo Yo!!

Hopefully you have more than one jump now;).

I am no use to you on HD because I am till trying to perfect it. However the best advise I can give you is once your ready have the proper gear and instructor blessings stick to trying your sit until you get it. Ask lots of questions, watch lots of videos and jump with people that sit fly. It is just a matter of jumps and comitment. By the way don't kill yourself or anyone else!!B|B|B|B|

Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

Hey does anyone else out there find they are more relaxed HD than sitfly?

Not sure why but i often find i am not that relaxed sitflying but i love the feeling of head-down and am totally relaxed.

weirdo, eh?:S

Don't know if it's only the photo and/or if it's what you call sitfly. But by the looks of it, your probably not relaxed cause you are buttflying and getting a big airstream in ur ass which might not be the best of ways to feel relaxed :D

Hey does anyone else out there find they are more relaxed HD than sitfly?

Not sure why but i often find i am not that relaxed sitflying but i love the feeling of head-down and am totally relaxed.

weirdo, eh?:S

So you're trying to tell us you're doing hd with only 70 jumps and a sitfly avatar like that while the poster before you with 500+ jumps says he's still trying to perfect it.
Forgive me if I chuckle...

:P

Most new sitfliers think they can sit when they are actually in the position in his avatar. the pooping position. I was also very pleased with myself when I was at that stage ;P

I'm now trying HD, sometimes it works but most times I just zoom forward or backwards. HD @ 70 jumps only happens at night, when you dream..

Yeah that avatar is dead giveaway unless he's messing with us....Signs point to no however. I'm actually wondering how the photographer kept up with him because it almost looks like he's burbling himself...the obvious answer is that he's doing it too but that just seems like such a drag.
Someday Never Comes