jraf

Magic carpet ride video

Man .. I was supposed to take part on that load, but I somehow forgot to put my name in the list...

I saw a picture of the exit somewhere (probably at the DZ) wich was very nice !!

Looks like fun ! B|

EDIT:

Now that I looked it again, I noticed someone had a premature main deployment... am I talking about the same dive done during the last year xmas boogie in Zhills ? I never heard about this... how did this happen ?

Looks like fun !

Sorry dude....i see your edit. All the same man. Before that early deployment even happened I was thinking, how can 18 people all be so careless. It was bound to happen.

Did anyone get seriously injured on that load? What is this link doing in the freefly forum? and I must say, this is a great way to propagate stupidity.

Looks like fun !

Sorry dude....i see your edit. All the same man. Before that early deployment even happened I was thinking, how can 18 people all be so careless. It was bound to happen.

Did anyone get seriously injured on that load? What is this link doing in the freefly forum? and I must say, this is a great way to propagate stupidity.

Oh ?? Im sorry..

I think theres a lot of things that look like fun, though they might be stupid. (especially if not planned carefully) I think doing a MR. Bill is one, towing a sofa behind a car also..

Some might say that jumping out of airplanes is stupid..

Also I did some searching and found YOU commenting a picture of the very same axit on another thread :

Quote: "Ummmm

6 X 3 = 18 at the tailgate. Is that a C130?

Looks like a blast though!!! "

Why didn´t you say " how can 18 people all be so careless. It was bound to happen. " on that thread also ?

Im just confused... :S

I was fun. With all due respect skydiving is about fun to me. Its about taking calculated risks.
You may be a professional skydiver and then its a different story. Then again I guess that was the ferst pre mature opening you saw...right?
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

now now ...kiss and make up..lol ..its so funny to see people argue about pointless stuff that has happined in the past:P
i feel like im watching a bad relationship

You may as well say what;s the point in reading the incident forum, because those are just events that we can't change now, so there is nothing to learn from them.

I agree with vertifly, this is a great video to show people what NOT to do in many ways. Unfortunately the majority will probably just miss all the valuable lessons and go "WHOA YAH WAY COOL DUUUUUUUUUUDE THAT LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!" [:/]

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

***1. What's so insanely stupid about this?2. And can someone please explain what the fook I'm looking at? It just looks like a ball of humans...
3. Also: did the premature have anything to do with 1. or 2.?

It depends on what you think is stupid. This jump was at Zhills on Dec. 31, 2005 and I was on it.. Hans organized it and everyone that was on it knew that MCR's can go to shit real quick and that there was a possiblility of getting hurt. This was told to everyone on the dirt dive and there were several people that backed out because of it.

The pilots were told about the jump so they could expect a lot of people near the rear and the freeflyers were told to stay as far as possible near the cockpit to reduce the chance of a stall. There were 14 people on the tailgate and the other 4 were standing inside behind the redline. The four in the back pushed the entire group out and everyone held on to the the leg straps of the person in front of them.
On a MCR the group starts porpoising like a roller coaster hence the name "Magic Carpet Ride". The premature was obviously not planned and yes we are lucky no one got hurt. However I also have seen a friend of mine have a premature while we were sit-flying so the possiblity is always there.

As far as this being dangerous or stupid I think that's a matter of perspective. Like another poster said some people think skydiving is stupid, some say swooping is stupid, some say that BASE jumping is stupid, some say tube jumps and 300 big ways are dangerous and stupid. I feel that as long as every jumper on the formation is aware of the risks and knows what may happen and it doesn't endanger other groups then go for it.

I've always enjoy jumping with Hans and we've had a lot of fun. We jumped a 15 foot noodle over Destin Beach this summer and it was a riot.

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"