andyhughes

Head-up record

AFAIK is the largest flown headup-formation a 10-way star. A picture of it can be found here.

I don't know if there are already bigger only headup formations.. The advanced headup stuff is IMHO far more difficult than the advanced headdown stuff.. Not many people concentrate on headup because everyone wants to progress to headdown ASAP. I'm also lacking good headup-skills because I wanted headdown so badly that I progressed too fast to headdown.. I now have to pay a lot tunnel-$$$ to refine my headup work... I hope you do better ;)

Cheers,
Max

I asked Omar (a world class Upright flier) about it during the first 42 way.. he said the officials demured and said to focus on the HD stuff first.. [:/]

and my Head Up is WAAAAY better than my Head Down... :|

Was that ten-way freebuilt? Or just transitioned from a belly star? HUGE difference

I heard that this formation was a transition from a belly round....doesn't count in my book. ;)

we built a six-way pyramid in z-hills last time I was there. Probably not a record jump, but it was really fun.

:)
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

The advanced headup stuff is IMHO far more difficult than the advanced headdown stuff.. Not many people concentrate on headup because everyone wants to progress to headdown ASAP.

someone once said in an similar thread.....

... "have you ever seen someone swim feet first?"

me either.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

someone once said in an similar thread.....

... "have you ever seen someone swim feet first?"

me either.

Guess that means you walk around on your hands all the time then? ;)
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

I was also told that the 10 way was transitioned from a flat belly round after I posted the picture on our club bulletin board in an attempt to inspire people to perfect their upright flying-that doesn't count. It is so much easier to dock head down than upright, for sure.
SCR-21

At the last Vertical Challenge which is an all invite event, we tried a 12-way sit at one point we had 10 on. So it is possible, we only tried it once, but we had some ringers: MX & the Lodi crew, Mike Swanson, Eli, Dusty, Tj a few others and myself! Watch out for my video coming out soon!

Fiala

Why not try a HeadUP record if the best freeflyers are coming into town to try a HD formation in FLorida?
Has anyone at least proposed this to the organizers of the FLorida HD formation?