skydivefive

FF suit vs. Pants and Jacket

Going to buy my first suit (beer!) this week, and trying to decide between a FF suit or FF Jacket and Pants. I really can't decide what to do, and wondering what opinions are out there.

Do the jackets tend to come untucked? or get anoying to tuck in, etc? What do you think?
It isn't what it could be, or it what it should be, it is what it is.

I went with the pants and jacket way... although I haven't bought a jacket yet.

someone at my DZ has, and he said the jacket never comes out of the pants. I looked at his, and the jacket extends several inches into the pants then is tucked in.

MB 3528, RB 1182

Ouragan Suits offers a 'diaper' feature that attaches to the jacket so it will never come untucked, it snaps together so there is NO chance of it. I know several people that have theirs come untucked.

I enjoy the one piece suit, my girlie friend love the seperates, its really just up to you. Good luck!
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I just ordered a [url=http://www.sonicairwear.com/]Sonic[/url] 2 piece suit, so the pants & jacket. The nice thing is that you can use the pants only if you're making a fun jump in a t-shirt and the pants.

Another thing is that you can take off the jacket after jumping on a hot day. Of course you could also take off the top and tie the arms around your waist on a regular suit, but this is easier I think.

If the suit is well made, the jacket should extend well below the waistline of the pants. Some of them have longer flaps on the side, which sit beneath your hip rings and leg straps, so they should never come out.

Personally I think I'll like the 2 piece suit.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

I have a 2 piece DaKine suit and have not had a problem with it untucking. I think it has a couple of times, but usually that was when I got ready really quick for a load and wasnt carefull about tucking it all the way in before going. I love the convenience of 2 pieces though! Its nice to have the pants to wear with my camera wing jacket. Good Luck with your purchase!

Blue Skies!
Mary B
Sandillas Rodriguez
Muff Brother #2959 TF #77

trying to decide between a FF suit or FF Jacket and Pants. I really can't decide what to do, and wondering what opinions are out there.

Do the jackets tend to come untucked? or get anoying to tuck in, etc? What do you think?

From your profile jump numbers, you appear to be in the same boat as me, so here is a copy of recent email correspondence between myself and Cedric of Matter Clothing. Hopefully this helps you as well.

My questions:
I am just learning to freefly…as in have yet to try to sit fly.
What fit should I be looking for in your clothing…tight, normal, normal+ etc? Are any of your lines more properly suited to beginners?

His reply:
First, i wouldn’t go for a 2 piece suit, a full suit is much better to fly with, more comfy as well.
Second, as a beginner you have 2 choices:
1. you invest in a basic freefly suit, excellent price versus quality, 195 euros, really good to start with.
You do 200/300 jumps with it and then you decide to go for a more advanced freefly suit.
2. you invest immediately in a proconcept freefly suit because you know already where you want to go in freeflying, you have certain goals and you will jump a lot.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

2. you invest immediately in a proconcept freefly suit because you know already where you want to go in freeflying, you have certain goals and you will jump a lot.

hmmm I smell a salesman !
My 2 is just get any freefly suit........do what the rest of us newbies are doing,,,learn to freefly first ! ...worry about how good the suit looks later.
Choosing a suit is much less of an ordeal in FF than RW.....as your 'range'will get much better the better you learn to fly.
Most peeps I know learn to sit in trousers and a baggy top......
Spend th cash getting your head up and down in the air before sweating on what suit is going to complement your style !
As said...just my 2

Ouragan Suits offers a 'diaper' feature that attaches to the jacket so it will never come untucked, it snaps together so there is NO chance of it.

That sounds like a really good feature. I wear my jacket very rarely because it comes out in the back. I usually wear just pants and a long sleeve T... which is nice on a hot day. But next time I order... definitely one peice.

But next time I order... definitely one peice.

Next time you order you'll order the best suit you've ever flown, Ouragan with the most customizable features and options! No suit like it on the face of the earth!
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

...I wear my jacket very rarely because it comes out in the back. I usually wear just pants and a long sleeve T... which is nice on a hot day. But next time I order... definitely one peice.

hmm...I have never had a problem with my top untucking. Sounds like you may need a slight adjustment. I'm still lovin my two piece. Undecided if my next one will be one or two. I'm thinking right now it will be a two piece. Almost never do I wear just my FF pants.

Oh, without a doubt you are right. It definitely needs an adjustment. It's just that I haven't had the time to send it in for that. Well, okay... maybe I'm a bit lazy about it too. :D I don't think there is anything wrong with two peices. The only thing is personal preference.