justinshorb

worlds largest tube?

Drew that looks like the biggest so far , or in the ball park. A french graphic artist ( and skydiver) created that one and maybe another in the 100 foot range. Watched it jumped in these forums and the 105 foot unit in person during the X-fest @ Perris. Two guys holding it in a stand and the rest of the X team carving around it wearing smoke. Nice!

Maybe the Xteam will post / sell video of it?

There used to be a tube that they had attached to a 55 gallon drum that they kicked out of the plane. I seem to remember it was a spanish crew and might have even been at the South of the Border boogie years ago. Thing was the size of the drum around and had to be 50-75 feet long. I also seem to have the notion of them weighting it with water and a recovery chute attached but that might just be my memory getting fuzzy.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Your memory is not too fuzzy quite yet ;)

Sounds like you're talking about the 'bomb'.

Keg attached to tube, full of water and colour. Russian AAD fires at set altitude releasing the water and colouring the sky. Sylvain Turin was the inventor, he also invented the tube.

The original one is in Spain. Now it is retired.:(
Think it made its debut in Eloy at the 1998 freefly festival with the Frenchies when they visited.

Would be cool to see some jumps like that again.