kallend

104 way hybrid

Mike Swanson and John Devore jumped with 102 flat flyers at Perris on Saturday, perfoming some cool moves in the "rooms" of the big way. The photos are really cool, I hope someone gets around to posting them.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Mike Swanson and John Devore jumped with 102 flat flyers at Perris on Saturday, perfoming some cool moves in the "rooms" of the big way. The photos are really cool, I hope someone gets around to posting them.

i hope so too! jim told us in the other thread about it... maybe SDC will post it in the Gallery?

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

I saw one of the pictures. I think I saw it Sunday morning. That was REALLY cool! I don't want to take anything away from it all, but I do have trouble calling that an official "hybrid". To me (and okay, who the heck am I??) a hybrid includes docks and hangars, etc etc. Still a WAYYYYYY cool dive!

<<>>

I a gree with weegegirl. Its really awesome to do on a big way. BUT

We would have to define what hybrids are. We built a 22way hybrid. 7 belly, 7hangers and 8 stingers(head down)

I think this is the largest or very close.

What happened on the 100 ways is awesom and with the tunnel teahing us to fly a little different, we will continue to do some amazing things. People usualy think its impossible to do until some goes and does it.

Wish I could have made it down there.
www.canopyflightcenter.com
www.skydivesac.com
www.guanofreefly.com

And I'll disagree. What defines hybrid? A formation with different forms of body flight. I guarentee there have been large hybrid formations long before the current "vouge" of attampts.

Starship Enterprise dives ring a bell for anyone?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Well it should really be defined. Because if there is a difference between an Flocking jump, tracking and Atmonti then set flying with belly jumpers is different than people hanging off of belly fliers with others docking is a hybrid?

I'll agree this is nothing terribly new. If a hybrid is a formation with different forms of body flight then I seen and personally been on a number of funnels that would qualify.
www.canopyflightcenter.com
www.skydivesac.com
www.guanofreefly.com

We are talking about two totally different kind of dives. 102-way with sit flyers in the holes, versus a fully connected, multi-leveled, 3D formation. Both are very cool. But if we are working towards records, they need to be defined seperately.

Think about the difficulty in forming a 104-way hybrid that consisted of a (let's say) 60-way base with 24 hangers and 20 stingers, as opposed to forming a 102-way belly fly with 2 sitflyers not connected.

(Not that I would be able to participate in either, just stating my opinion.)

Starship Enterprise dives ring a bell for anyone?

I was on one, in 1977 or so. Can't remember the exact grips, but basically as follows:

Person in the center, cluster of other jumpers around him, forming a dense saucer, but only to his sides and legs. Some lightweight swoops in an lands on the center's back. As he/she stands up on the center's back, two more belly flyers move in, one docking on each hand of the person standing. Everyone except the one standing in on their belly.