mazevedo

My first headdown

I did my first headdown jump this weekend. It was ok, but I felt some difficult to slowdown. Any tips? I know that opening the legs and arms will slowdown but even doing this, my coach felt some difficult chasing me. I was surprised how can we lost altitude awareness because of the speed. I guess if I wasn´t with my coach I problably would have a low pull (never happened before). The point that really impressed me was the distance that we lose when stop the jump, going to belly and pull.

Looks good. Hopefully when I make my first TRUE headdown jump, I'll make it seem as effortless as your picture makes yours seem. Every time I try to transition to headdown, I'm raight back in my sit before I know it. Sounds like it's time for another coach jump for me.

Good work on yours. :)
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Nice.

A few things will help slow you down. First, point your toes towards your head. You will be suprised how much difference that alone makes. Second, spread your legs - you're really quite narrow. Third, move your elbows away from your torso - right now only your forearms are catching air - not that you should become at all dependant on your arms, but they do slow you down.

Keep it up!!

Canuck

Looks pretty good! :)
As you spread out your arms, try not to get too much of that "chicken wing" going on - use the upper part of your arm as well...that will help with speed, but it's always LEGS that are your best surface for slowing down.:P

Good luck!
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

Nice.

A few things will help slow you down. First, point your toes towards your head. You will be suprised how much difference that alone makes. Second, spread your legs - you're really quite narrow. Third, move your elbows away from your torso - right now only your forearms are catching air - not that you should become at all dependant on your arms, but they do slow you down.

Keep it up!!

Canuck

Fourth: Get a good sitfly going before you really concentrate on head down.

Have a good time!

...looks like you have one knee slightly bent and the other is perfectly straight.

1. Take a breather and f'n RELAX,
2. Try getting thost upper-thighs involved in resisting some more wind,
3. Keep it symmetrical and always think of it like a balancing act controlled by your lower body (legs!).
4. I use my torso to steer me around - mostly anyway. You don't need to move it that much...just subtly (like a thought) when up close and personal.