Skyspirit

Freestyle???? Just Curious

I know this is not the exact right place to begin a converstation about freestyle, but it certainly fits here more than in the RW section.

I am just curious if there are many out there that are interested or that are doing it at the current time.

I am a die hard yoga fan and have seen some amazing stuff on video for freestyle. I soooo fell in love with the idea of doing it.

So far I have seen Mike Michigan and a few other videos of people doing freestyle and I am wondering if there is any one else you DZ.com folk could recommend for me to research.

Also any good coaches I can seek out in the future?

Let me know ....would love to hear
"Blow wind come wrack, at least we'll die with harness on our back." William Shakespeare

Send Betsy (bbarnhouse) a PM and tell her about your freestyle goals. It's my understanding that she is a bad ass world class freestylist and she should be able to provide you with some good info concerning the discipline.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

hi skyspirit ~ WOW! you are the Perfect candidate for freestyle --- i so very wish i could be flexible like you! i think it is such a beautiful thing that you are interested in freestyle (we need more freestylists out there, yaaaaaaay!)

i have two favorite freestylists that have inspired me in many ways ~ you can actually check out their videos (you may have already :)This Website --- scroll down to the freestyle section and both the men's and women's freestyle videos ROCK!

the sweet little italian girl is: Gi Borgnis! i LOVE her style so freaking much! you can visit her website Here! she and her sweetie, Marco, have developed the Atmonauti ~ which Gi can do feet first (very Cool B|)

the sweet little french girl is: Emmanuelle (Manu) Celicout! she has inspired me since i first saw video of her* she is a very strong flyer (as you can witness in her daffy-spins...that stuff is freaking Hard) she is sponsored by the The Relative Workshop

as Canuck stated: BBarnhouse-a-la-dz.com ROCKS! you can check out some of betsy's, merriah eakins' and amy chmelecki's skills here at Omniskore: just click on the Freestyle 201/202/204 and watch the beautiful eye candy!

i am so excited for you sweetie! this is such a beautiful discipline that you have chosen...please pursue it ~ i am so happy for you B|

ps to heidi: i just checked out your profile --- you are at the ranch ~ i have met Thereza on dz.com (ranchhand28) and she jumps at the Ranch. she is a Very Sweet girl and she is a cool freestylist* she is actually good friends with Manu --- so maybe you could chat with her about it too! i know she would help you in any way she can B|

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

Have you tried doing that bendy thing (your avatar) in the sky? That'd be a rad skymove. Just my .02. ;)

You stole my line!

Well ... she did>:(;)

Any way, this doesn't really answer your question but freestyle is such a beautiful discipline. Not only will you learn how to truly fly your body, it will translate to any other flying style of your choosing.

Good luck!

Edit:.. If you have the means, go visit Skydive Arizona in Eloy. Omar Alhegalan is a world champion freestylist. Betsy Barnhouse also trains there.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I too want to get into Freestyle later on in my skydiving. I did ballet since I was two and I dance with Ballet Dallas and the Kirov Acadeamy. I ended up having tendonitist in my knees that stoped my pro-ballet carreer. I miss it, but I think that freesatyle is going to be even better for me later on, esp after getting into Yoga this past winter. However, right now my main goal is to have a healthy set of twins.

Wow, Mel, thank you so much for posting those links. What absolutely amazing talent, it looks like so much fun (and so hard!)that it is something I will definately have to try. The cameraflyers must get quite a workout!!

hey Chrissy-sweet*!!! you are very welcome ~ and Thank YOU for complimenting my post. yaaaaay! that is so very kind of you :)
yes, those girls/boys are some serious flyer-girlz/boyz -- freestyle is very challenging* i admire all the talent that each girl/boy delivers in her/his routine B|! they make all of those moves look so easy, but really and truly they are Tres Difficult :o!

yes, those darling cameraflyers have to really be at the top of their game -- constant fall rate changes, etc... really push the flying skills of the videographers :)
oh chrissy!! ~ i am soooooo excited that you want to try it - you will definitely have A LOT of fun (did you notice all of the smiling faces in the videos ;)?) Freestyle ROCKS!

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

Skyspirit.

You should really check out the video of the danish team at the official website of WM2003. They are two times world champion, WC champions, european champions...they fly ok;).
Nils and Martin, they have an incredible way of flying and they are super nice people as well.
I jump with them a lot during the summer an have learned so much! They jump all winter in Portugal at skydive portugal, and the whole summer at skydive Voss in Norway, Europe.