Chivo

Tube manufacturers?

I am sure there are still some out there.. I cant remember names or anything, but when I was looking I jsut broke down and made my own. it ended up much to my favor as I learned a few things on a sewing machine and I have a great 18 footer that is so much fun to fly... not to mention it only cost me like $30 or so for all of the materials..

I know that there is a bright orange tube for sale in the gear store in skydive spaceland... its professionally made...give m a ring..

-yoshi

Chivo I bought the last one from the Square 1 DZ shop. When I had some questions about it and they really couldn't help me or tell me who made them for them.
I don't have a digital camera at home so I can only explain. After seeing whats out there and how they are made and the designs vary a great deal from rigger made to home spun. Where some have strengths and some have design flaws. I would recommend making your own hardware and ring and having somebody that makes canopies get and sew the ZP material, not that it has to be ZP. Unless you can sew ( I don't ). The one I got, after examing quite a few others out there, seems to have better than average seam work but a miserably weak plastic ring. After looking at some that the Flyboyz have floating around I noticed that those were made with stiffer thicker schedule plastic in the ring and F-111. I have even seen and almost got to fly one that sported a bicycle rim with spokes and hub removed as the ring. Hows that for thriftyness?
After playing around at Elsinore with mine a few months ago a gentleman came up and examined mine. he said he could make them for a fraction of what I payed for mine. But he sews for a living. If you have any questions PM me direct .

I am sure there are still some out there.. I cant remember names or anything, but when I was looking I jsut broke down and made my own. it ended up much to my favor as I learned a few things on a sewing machine and I have a great 18 footer that is so much fun to fly... not to mention it only cost me like $30 or so for all of the materials..

ya, but next time you'll make sure to use type E thread on the zp won't you :P;)

and i think me and jonny both have had to re-do your seams at one point or another.

not bad for your first time with zp though.

your jump suit came out much better.:)
later

My tube is in my locker at the DZ right now but it took me all of about 5 hours to make it and I got to make it in my design instead of a single color piece. I'm the one that used the old bike rim. The thing has impacted at terminal (nasty Tube mal where it knoted up in freefall on its self) and it was back on the next load. How's that for sturdy?

It cost me about $150 to make but that included buying a $110 sewing machine. Do the math...
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

ya, but next time you'll make sure to use type E thread on the zp won't you

and i think me and jonny both have had to re-do your seams at one point or another.

not bad for your first time with zp though.

your jump suit came out much better.

yeah...I actually used type E on the second one I made.. it still has needed a few extra seems put in from time to time, but the tube has about 35 jumps on it now and is still holding up strong.. in fact last weekend we did a 9 way hybrid with the tube in the middle of a 4 way base.. ask jason about it..it was really cool... maybe I can stop frame some shots from the video and put them on here sometime..

take it sleasy

-yoshi