sunnydee123

Coaching Suggestions....

OK, I'm sure lots of ya have seen my posts about trying to get headdown..... and then sorta getting headdown..... and now knowing I am headdown just not sure how good the position is looking. So my question is this - when is it time to suck it up and pay for some coach jumps? I've jumped with pals until I understood what headdown "should" feel like. DONE! I've been doing solos now, just transitioning to get there on my own. After my 13 solo jumps this weekend, I am pretty confident I can get on my head (some transitions easier than others).

Just not sure how things are looking or if I need to do some things differently in order to make the most and "really get it"....

Bla bla bla....you know what I'm asking. Is it time for coaching? Appreciate your suggestions:)

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

I think it is a good idea to get coaching in headdown after you feel you are able to hold headdown pretty stable and feel pretty comfortable with your transitions. It sounds like now would be the time for you, girlie. It's always good to get in a coached jump before any bad habits that you have picked up become ingrained in your muscle memory. One coached jump now, should set you on the right path for the next dozen to ?? jumps (there's no magic number). Then get another one when you are ready to move on towards the next step.

...and work the hell outta those transitions!

Get it before you have to break the bad habits...:P

Z-Tribe is offering a "camp" at the moment; basically, you buy 15 coach jumps and receive a discount - not a bad way to go.:)
Hope it helps...
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

YES!
There was a guy on the Otter this weekend and we were trying to line up the correct slots for order of exit.
We asked him what he was doing and he said "heads down". First clue that this guy had no formal training. I then explained to him that when he went "head" down he probably wasn't really doing a "head" down since people tend to move their head to make the position of the horizon seem like they are truly head down when they are really in a TRACK!
VERY Dangerous..

Bite the bullet... get some coaching....
TJ Landgren, Steve-O Utter, Nate Gilbert, and Jen Key Are all GREAT COACHES!!!!!!1

Hey Girl!

If you have Dr. Dave right there on your DZ...
(Lucky you, BTW, he's a great flyer/coach and a great guy!)
...why don't you ask him for advice on when you should get coaching?

Explain your goals, he may even check out some vid of you "on your head" now, explain your $$ situation - and see what he recommends?

You don't have to commit to a zillion jumps - if money is really an issue, see if you can buy a jump package (cheaper that way) and spread the jumps out over an appropriate span of solos and 2-ways.

But - as has been said here MANY times before - a little extra money spent now will go alot further than having to spend money and time unlearning bad habits.

Dave isn't going to milk you for cash, you don't have to travel and you have home DZ access to a world class coach! Quit buggin' and get to it! :D;)

Shani

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

Funny you say that - just spent 30 minutes on the phone with my "hon" who said the same thing - "just ask the coach himself". Dave knows I am there every weekend (some times every day like this weekend;)) working my ass off and he has even done a few jumps with me (for fun) so he knows I am not joking around. I don't have much video of me on my head :( but I am going to talk to Dave THIS WEEKEND for sure...Makes sense and then we will see what happens.

Dave's a good guy for sure, just also know (from seeing it with my own eyes) that because he is so good (and so nice), someone is always picking his brain. Sometimes I feel bad for those guys who are so good and so well-known (and so genuinely nice) ........................NOT

Stayed tuned for scene's from the next "SunnyDee First Year Progression Continues" :$

But I'm gonna use you too.....and Mr. Cowden as well, if he confirms some damn plans soon ;)

You won't mind, will ya?

I'm trying, I'm trying!! Sorting this airlinr crap out is turning out to be harder than I thought! But don't you worry your pretty little head!;)

And I am with Ian- Use me baby! Use me!:D

- when is it time to suck it up and pay for some coach jumps?

With Dave Brown at your DZ i would say the time to get coaching has already passed. You should have been getting coaching from him way before you even knew how to get head down. You cant start getting coaching too early..only too late.

PS. Hi, we met at the Summerjam in Aggieland :)

Hey GOAT ~ I remember ya and I made 3 coached jumps with Dave Brown this weekend. They were great, I can see I still need lots of work but he is such a GREAT teacher. I learned lots for sure and will now spend some time absorbing and TRYING MY DARNDEST to master those skills then I will FOR SURE make more with him. Let's just say, but the 3rd jump I was not so willing to pop to my feet and transition, I was determined to stay on my head - and I did!

Have a fabulous turkey day!