Skylark

How easy is 'head down'?

Now, tell me this Mr. Apoil. What is the real motivation for you replying to my post? You come at me as if you want to debate something, yet you do nothing but reinforce what I say. Quite often you quote me for saying something and then try to debate the same point. I believe your intentions are nothing more than to butt heads with me every time you see me post. If that is the case then may I warn you that you will loose everytime. Simply because I think about and research what I am going to say before I chime in and run my mouth.

research things like my name before replying?

Had you looked at my profile you might have called me "Mr. Poil" but that is indeed a pseudonym.

Did you research this?

Headdown bigway is quit the opposite of a belly bigway. Typically we always put our best flyers in the base and inner ring.

Because I heard Joe Trinko say that you should put your best flyers in the base of a belly dive as well. Nothing opposite about it. vRW is the same as RW, it's just more difficult.

Why did I post? Like I said, because I felt you misrepresented what it takes to achieve mastery. If you go and clarify that later, it's not my fault.

Boys, boys! Do we have to make you sit in the corner without your graham cracker snack?;)

I tried HD yesterday with a coach. We did 2 cartwheels and one 3601 LOL! We gave it up and went to our sit. We'll try again!B|

QUESTION is it generally better to launch it(cessna DZ) or sit and transition from there?

QUESTION is it generally better to launch it(cessna DZ) or sit and transition from there?

I say launch it. No reason to put yourself in a position where you have to spend your short skydive trying to get back together. Trust me, been there pobably 100 times. A blown exit on a 10k cessna freefly jump is not a good value for the dollar. Much less 17 of them. I have about 550 cessna jumps. That's what I initially learned to freefly from. I'm not a very good sitflyer yet. I just decided for this year to go back and work on it. So I can't help you out there. For a headdown exit try two people hanging from the far end of the strut. One hanging underneath. The headcount and exit should be synchronized. The moment you both let go at the same time take a hand grip. If still worried about seperation; one person lock legs around the other. A 3rd freeflyer will also fit out on the strut and still have step clearance. This freeflyer piggbacks the freeflyer before them. A 4th stands one foot on the step. The 4th must anticipate the exit or they will be left behind. You can launch a cool 4-way headdown line from a C182. Forget to mention it to the pilot :ph34r:. He'll love ya for it :D.

levin
vSCR#17
www.freeflyers.com

Search rules :)

Guys, if you dont mind answering this for me... ~150 belly jumps... dive after the base... Instead of doing the usual belly slide, i was completely on my head... which turned into a violent back spin, which i could not get out of... until 9K or so :(

suggestions? other than practice :)

Head down flying is challenging enough that flying a base for a larger formation way formation is never easy, or boring, the way it might be in belly flying.

Flying the base in RW is not easy if you are doing it right. It takes a lot more then just falling and hanging on to someone.
Dom

Instead of doing the usual belly slide, i was completely on my head

Not sure what you mean by "belly slide", but going head down while diving to a RW formation is not a great idea. Biggest problem is that you are not going to see the formation and probably end up below it and in a dangerous place. The speed at which you would be going when truly head down is going to be much faster then a person that is diving after a base. You may cause a collision.

If you take your question to the RW forum, you will get a lot of really good answers about how to do that.
Dom

I learnt how to fly head-down totally stable in only 3 jumps. Is this about average? I only have 85 jumps in total and I tried sit flying a few times but couldn't hold it. Then I tried head down and, voila! It was so easy! I was even able to spin and rotate at will.

You're a bit slow eh. By jump 85 i was swooping the crap out of a velo 90 after a 10 way hd jump.

I agree that hd is easy, it comes so naturally for trolls.

edit: I love some of your other posts as well good work

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3030986;#3030986

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1101147;#1101147

I learnt how to fly head-down totally stable in only 3 jumps. Is this about average? I only have 85 jumps in total and I tried sit flying a few times but couldn't hold it. Then I tried head down and, voila! It was so easy! I was even able to spin and rotate at will.

don't take this wrong way, but i call b*llsh*t or troll....

Please post video....

No its not average it takes 100s of jumps, 3 jumps my ass...
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

maybe do HD in 3 jumps and...........1000 tunnel hours?? ;)

How about 1 jump and 1000 tunnel hours. The f***er I'm talking about is way better than I am now. Of course he's been practicing like crazy. He now has 10 freefly jumps.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto