jjx247

Fast freefly suits?

I'm just starting out in freeflying, so I'm sure this will improve with experience, but the moment as a light weight girlie I'm really struggling to maintain my fallrate along with the fellas i.e they are in sit while I'm in stand just to keep up!

I'm working on my body position and I've got quite a slimfitting suit from original lizard, but can anyone perhaps recommend somewhere that might make a faster suit? At the moment I spend so much of my dive just trying to get to people that I'm not getting any chance to work on anything else, much less enjoy myself! :P

Thanks!

I'm moving this to the freefly forum so maybe you can get some better help from in there.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Well, you could jump nekid...

Or you can look at the different materials available to you via different manufactures. Different materials will "grab" different amounts of air, giving you different fall rates. I bet if you called or e-mailed some of the manufactures, then they could help design you a suit that would really help with your situation.

Beyond that, how you fly your body is a big deal too. Also, you may need to look at wearing weights, like the floaty RW fliers do. B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I agree- Firefly.
I have jumped with some pretty tiny chicks who have sweet firefly suits. The Sugar Gliderz wear Firefly suits and they can keep up with anyone. Nice suits! Of course they are the hottest freefly chicks on the planet!:P
I attached a picture I took of Missy and my team mate Fritz. Check out her FireFly.

I'd suggest flying without a suit for awhile. Wear leggings/tights and a tight shirt. All a suit will ever do for you is grab air. Of course people wear them for fashion, but mainly they help regulate and control fallrates. If you're maxing out just to keep up - lose the suit.

Of course, make sure you're learning good body position as well - eventually you'll be able to fly in anything.

If you have to resort to weights...get smaller friends!!! ;)

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

[QUOTE]Of course they are the hottest freefly chicks on the planet![/QUOTE]

Don't you mean off this planet! :P

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

YES, YES, YES!! Firefly and the Sugar Gliderz kick ass! (I jump Firefly, too) but at 300 jumps and not on a dedicated freefly team, this chica needs advice on what suit is best for her.

I'm 5'2" and weigh around 110 lbs. At our size you have to be aggressive and know how best to fly a small body at max speed (in order to know your full range). All I'm saying is a freefly suit will grab air. Do some solos or one on ones where you totally experience your body in full flight - know what it is to really max out, then work backward from there. There is no reason why you can't jump with the biggest of freefly f*©kers out there! Just don't rely on a suit.

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

I gotta agree with miss(es) bella-shani on this one. Learn to fly your body first. A suit will tend to confuse a flyer at first.

Eventually, you'll be able to fly in anything. For now, don't worry about getting too baggy or worrying about what type of suit.

I also recommend a Firefly suit. Mine has about 800 jumps on it and has been washed about 50 times. It's holding up great.

A few people recommend going without the suit for awhile. If your goal is to speed up your fallrate their advise makes sense. However one of the benefits of a suit when you are starting out is that the drag provides stability and makes things a little easier to learn. Therefore I recommend you go with a firefly suit with little drag as opposed to no drag at all.

Levin
vSCS#3

If you are looking at getting afaster suit the Matter is the way to go. Their suits are based around the principle that you fly the suit and the suit does fly you, as you find with the bigger baggier suits. The more experianced you get the better you will understand this theory, especially as a free flyer.