Levin

vSCR

just to let everybody know, the second vSCR was completed at spaceland on saturdays sunset load. we thought it was the first but after we got it we found out that another group accomplished it somewhere else the previous weekend.
our vSCR was a nine way with 4 belly flyers, 2 hangers and 3 stingers. the participants were
1.greg bowles (belly)
2.cindy ? (belly)
3.larissa ? (belly)
4.rob ? (belly - 80 jumps. first bigway)
5.jesse hale (hanger - organizer)
6.katrina (hanger)
7.stevie boyd (headdown stinger)
8.trent alkeck (sitfly stinger)
9.levin (headdown stinger)
thanks to everybody that went on the dive even if you didn't get in. it kicked ass. thanks to jesse for organizing it. thanks to matt for the outside video. now we are just waiting on our numbers which should be in the teens. in the chance that the previous group that got the first vSCR last week only had 8, then i wonder who on our's will get that last remaining single digit number. have to wait and see.
for those that didn't make it in or didn't go maybe we can do it again this weekend so that everybody else can get a number while they are still low.
i gave ann the videos from the dive. when she starts feeling better she's gonna put them on the net. also the comp videos from san marcos. get well soon ann!
levin
grat#40
vSCR#pending

And by the way folks, the video from this dive is very pretty, all the angles I saw in the hangar were rocking....Gorgeous sunset coupled with some great flying by all concerned.
Well done peeps.
"for those that didn't make it in or didn't go maybe we can do it again this weekend so that everybody else can get a number while they are still low"
Me, me, me, me, me, me, me......Y'all know I can go fast and steady on my bodacious beer enhanced gravity accelerator......:D
Cya
D
GR# 37
Remember how lucky you are to see and touch the sky; the blind may only dream.

"for those that didn't make it in or didn't go maybe we can do it again this weekend so that everybody else can get a number while they are still low"
Me, me, me, me, me, me, me......Y'all know I can go fast and steady on my bodacious beer enhanced gravity accelerator......

I'm going to be in Spaceland this weekend, any way I can get in on one of those?

absolutely. that's two dave's for the next one. there are also a handful of other dz.comers that need it as well. pippy, rachel, ramon, hookit, jim alceck, zennie and some others. would be cool to knock out a vSCR and a dz.com record on one dive. we'll see this weekend.
levin
grat#40
vSCR#pending

And the CASA should iron out some of the, ermmm, issues we've had of late with the belly fliers...hehehehe...

actually, if there are no objections, i'd like to do these dives from one of the otters
levin
grat#40
vSCR#pending

For those unfimiliar with a tailgate exit, it presents more issues then it does advantages. The 4 way teams at our DZ love it when meets are held out of the Casa since few teams can launch it cleanly as well as they can with their practice on it. Casa exits are low energy, step exits where is Otters are high energy, lots of movement exits. I'd do it out of the Otters unless you want to see flailing ;)
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

Aha, but in my previous life as 2 dimensional flier, I have taken 4 ways out of left side, right side, fast tails like the Jet at Vichy --AN72, slow tails like chinooks and skyvans. I've funnelled just about every combination possible..:)Cya
D
GR# 37

for those that didn't make it in or didn't go maybe we can do it again this weekend so that everybody else can get a number while they are still low.

<>
OOoooooo!!! OOoooooo!!! OOoooooo!!!
I'd prolly have to do part of the belly portion cuz I'm not good enough to hang (unless we have the hangers sitting) and I'm definitely not good enough to be a stinger (unless I did a hand dock from a sit... and that would still be iffy).
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

In which case, we should sort the base out first, I WANT THIS TO WORK......bust out that suit with the funny handles bro :)I reckon a couple of goes from say 5k for the base launch should fix it without busting the bank either......
Cya
D
GR# 37

our vSCR was a nine way with 4 belly flyers, 2 hangers and 3 stingers. the participants were
1.greg bowles (belly)
2.cindy ? (belly)
3.larissa ? (belly)
4.rob ? (belly - 80 jumps. first bigway)
5.jesse hale (hanger - organizer)
6.katrina (hanger)
7.stevie boyd (headdown stinger)
8.trent alkeck (sitfly stinger)
9.levin (headdown stinger)

Did you forget someone?

So, if we get a whole pile of visiting dot commers, Aggiedave, Skygeek, Ferret etc plus some help from the Rats, and mebbe Goat etc, and mix it with the regular Spaced dot commers, we have a good possibility of setting the dotcom record for hybrids.
It would be good to see Texas and Spaceland setting the standard again. Lets not mess about with rules, we should simply apply VSCR regs, whatever they are........Now who in California will show us BOOBIES if we can cut it???
Cya
D
GR# 37

Did you forget someone?

actually, yes, i did. i just got thru watching videos again for the first time since after the jump. paying particular attention to trey since he thought i left him out, i watched him dock last turning our 9-way into a 10-way. the 10 way only held for 3 seconds. but everybody on it held an 8-way for at least 5 seconds. sorry trey. honest mistake. i thought you only had it for a second. i remember you telling me afterwards that you weren't happy with your flying on that dive. so i really didn't think you got in. didn't mean to leave you out. here's a corrected list of the participants
01.greg bowles (belly)
02.cindy ? (belly)
03.larissa ? (belly)
04.rob ? (belly - 80 jumps. first bigway)
05.jesse hale (hanger - organizer)
06.katrina (hanger)
07.stevie boyd (headdown stinger)
08.trent alkeck (sitfly stinger)
09.levin (headdown stinger)
10.trey copeland (headdown stinger)

'Thanks Levin! I'll call off the goon squad I had heading for your place to 'straighten things out'. '
I resemble that remark
ramon
"wee girls on a skydive road trip on big bikes...... yikes, dykes and bikes kinda thing...... ", David McKelvie