Zennie

Funky Exits?

We were sort of kicking around different funky exits to try. One was to exit in a sit/spock combo. We did a belly exit where I grabbed Ramon's chest strap, went into a sit & swung him over the top of me. Very fun!
I sort of got to wondering. There's got to be a lot of other cool stuff people here have tried. What sort of "funky" exits do y'all like to do?
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

I did an exit very similar to that while in Eloy, but we did it with out grips. Setup both facing the tail, both in the door, person in front crouching. Exit, person in front exits low into a sit, person behind dives over the head of the guy in front and goes into a head down. Very fun exit.
Aerials
So up high
When you free your lives (the) eternal prize

Hey Ted,
I just watched The Cloud's Edge (again) the other day and noticed an exit that I want to try: 2-way head down exit from an Otter, both facing the tail with the guy in back (toward the front of the plane) holding onto the other guys rig. As they exit, the guy in front does a back flip up and over the other guy and grabs his rig so they end up on their heads in the same formation only now they've switched places. Looked pretty cool.

I'm sure there are loads more but I ain't typing all of em (nor do I know em)
Easy
1. belly then hybrid to sit HD (easy if not rushed)
2. monkey on back of sitflyer (can turn either direction turn back towards plane is harder)
3. 2 ways sit while holding one ankle (wind up facing tail in stair step).
4. Snake
5. flower variations
medium
1. freefly exit (takes a few jumps to stay tight with no grips)
2. back to back headdown.
3. palm touch exit (no grip, keep palms touching)
4. 69 or one foot hand dock
5 open accordion
6 buddy tracking
hard
1. joker (HD and sit with hand dock)
2. spock variations
3. sole to sole
ramon
"wee girls on a skydive road trip on big bikes...... yikes, dykes and bikes kinda thing...... ", David McKelvie

there's that one we did for the dz.com attempt. 2 sitflyers and two headdowners. sit flyers facing each other. headdowners on the sitflyers sides facing each other. headdowners have grips on sitflyers hip rings. usually a very stable formation.
levin
grat#40

"usually a very stable formation"
This one WAS stable till we broke the knee lock, then it all went awry......You can see Rachill and I getting pulled and kicked all over the place from my video.
Not sure whether it was my bad or what (suspect it was a combination of my inability, and some rad freeflying from our 'lockers', and as it was cool till we unlocked knees, I think it was mostly down to me...), the debrief was, well brief...:)I suggested to Ramon that we try and do some more base practice on this exit over the weekend, but everyone seemed tied up with the Comp jumps....ho humm another time mebbe....
Cya
D
GR# 37
Remember how lucky you are to see and touch the sky; the blind may only dream.

Yeah, just like with RW a solid base is the key. I'm up for practicing with the base configuration until we're solid all the way down if others are (man I've got a lot on my "to do" plate right now ;)).
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

Not sure whether it was my bad or what (suspect it was a combination of my inability, and some rad freeflying from our 'lockers', and as it was cool till we unlocked knees, I think it was mostly down to me...),

that one was not totally your fault. in fact i have to accept full blame for that one. often it isn't one thing but a series of things that leads to a dive going bad. in this case 2.) dave your legs were a little to high causing a slight vertical fluxuation in the formation. 3.) zennie and ramon failed to get it tight by letting there arms out to far. but i think the key ingredient to that dives failure was 1.) the load organizer, me, was in the pro shop bullshitten instead of outside dirt diving.
i'll never forget the look on zennie's face trying to hold that dive together. it was like a little kid high on extasy riding a mechanical bull and somebody flipped the lever on full speed. lol
levin
grat#40
vSCR#pending

"riding a mechanical bull "
deniro voice on--You talkin' bout me?--deniro voice off...
Laughed my lardy ass off too......Zennie has a habit of grinning in freefall, its one of the reasons I like to jump with him. I get a buzz from seeing my pals have a good time. :D
Cya
D
GR# 37
Remember how lucky you are to see and touch the sky; the blind may only dream.

i'll never forget the look on zennie's face trying to hold that dive together

Bwahahahaha! :D I felt like a little kid on ecstacy riding a mechanical bull. :D
The exit went sweet and for a brief spell I thought we were gonna do it. Then it sorta went "Ooop... crap... shit... oh shit... oh shit...ohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshit...."
You got any stills from video by any chance?

:o for a two way sit - sit down in the door (this will not work out of a cessna), wrap legs (rear person, right leg bottom, front person left leg over, rear person left leg over, front person right leg over), rock forward and roll out the door. You do a flip and extent your arms - tada - you are in a horny gorilla. A fun exit and also a pretty good way to teach someone to sitfly.

That sounds like what Jim and I did last week. WE held hands, ran outthe back of the Van and did a back flip. Grabbing the bar and hanging out while everyone else jumps off is still one of the coolest to me :)
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1