msdeva

Exit Order

Actually when I was at Skydive Dallas the last time, the wingsuit guys got out first. I'm not sure if that was the norm or if it was cause the one guy was also jumping a tube with his wing suit.

do you know how it went?? i was thinking about trying that.

it went great....the tube did cause A LOT of drag though put him more head down than not. He did tons of planning on the ground on how to cut away and what to cutaway before he deployed his main. It ended up working out quite nicely, Perry had no problem staying with him so the video turned out nice.
Kelli

I think it has something to do with how slow they fall and the fact that they should be tracking, in this case down the line of flight or perpendicular to it. With the wing suit fliers I'm not worried about them as long as they don't fly up the line of flight, or down the line of flight if they are out last.
I have seen it where they get out last, especially when they want to see how far they can track and if they can make it back to the DZ. It also maybe cause these are kind of smaller 1 otter DZs and it is easier to work out things with the pilot depending on what you are doing.
Although I'm almost possitive that wingsuits got out first at CouchFreaks, and that was out of skydive AZ planes.
Trust me though I'm not going to second guess anyone on where the wingsuits boys get out. As long as they know where they shouldn't fly, they shouldn't be an issues.

I know whenever we do tracking dives we're out last (well, before the students/tandems last). We go out perpendicular to jump run & turn around at about 8000-9000. Last jump Trent set his ProDytter to go off at 8000 and we turned around & headed back. Worked just dandy.
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

Out at the old Skydive USA, San Marcos, and Elsinore we did it the opposite way, everyone gets out and tracks perpendicular to jump run then at about 7 turn 90 up the line of flight. Never had any trouble getting back on any of those jumps and the other jumpers were not an issues. Well that's not true at Elsinore this guy who was out behind us desided to try and follow us, but not having been part of the dirt dive or breifing didn't know how break off or anything else went and snivled past me when I was under canopy, but that is a different story. Needless to say he got a HUGE butt chewing from one of the psyco cirkus guys.
I think it depends on the LO with things like that. Cause you do have to take into account who else is on the plane.
btw....wingsuit jumpers I still think are a different issues from your normal tracking dive.

I understand the reasons as to why they can go out last...but I would think there are issues with them going out first...but then again....as long as they know where to fly I am not too worried......

i think the tube/birdsuit case was a matter of convenience. It's a pain walking to the door with a tube tied to your feet, and it's a little easier to hook it up in the back of the plane.
I haven't been to a dz where wingsuit flyers get out first. i really don't think it would be a problem if they did. at most turbine dz's the wingsuit flyers fly a pre-determined flight path that starts out perpendicular to the line of flight. i prefer to get out last so that i can do whatever w/ out having to worry so much about a flight path and usually hovering around 8-9000' while the enitire load is under canopy.

board flyers
belly largest to smallest
free flyers largest to smallest
students
tandems

Same at Perris. Only downside to it is if you're a solo freeflier following several slow to climb out RW groups... can you say hosed on the spot? :)pull and flare,
lisa
--
What would Scooby Doo?

Swooper with a pink rig - probably Tim.
Normally at SDD - wingsuits exit last. I'm sure the exception here was the tube...
Skycat: You're gonna be up here this weekend? I should be out to (as long as the winds cooperate). See you there!
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

yeah...that's his name...all I could think of was Todd, and I knew that wasn't it. :)Yep Derek and I should get there at about 10pm on Friday night. Maybe earlier if I have all my shit together and the car loaded by the time Derek gets to my place.