weaverd

Best free video editing software

Hi all I am wondering if there is any good quality and free video software out there. The only capabilities that I am looking for is to be able to edit out boring parts of a video and insert music to the video...thanks all!

Windows movie maker?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Hi all I am wondering if there is any good quality and free video software out there. The only capabilities that I am looking for is to be able to edit out boring parts of a video and insert music to the video...thanks all!

Windows movie maker?

Tried it..it only lets you trim the start and the end of the video...I would like to be able to edit a little more

Are you willing to move beyond "free" at all?

There are some good products out there for under 100 bucks that will probably give you the flexibility you are looking for. You don't have to spend 600 bucks to get pretty decent software.

>The only capabilities that I am looking for is to be able to edit out boring parts of a
>video and insert music to the video...

OK, Moviemaker will do that.

>Tried it..it only lets you trim the start and the end of the video...I would like to be
>able to edit a little more

Again, Moviemaker will do that. (You may have to drop multiple copies of a video onto the timeline to edit each one.)

>The only capabilities that I am looking for is to be able to edit out boring parts of a
>video and insert music to the video...

OK, Moviemaker will do that.

>Tried it..it only lets you trim the start and the end of the video...I would like to be
>able to edit a little more

Again, Moviemaker will do that. (You may have to drop multiple copies of a video onto the timeline to edit each one.)

I will give it a try again, I was playing around with windows live movie maker last night and could not for the life of me figure it out.

Window movie maker can really do quite a bit of editing... slow stuff down/speed it up, add mucis, text over video, trasnitions, trim and cut video and cut chuncks of uses video in the middle of good stuff...

here is my youtube page and ALL my stuff is window movie maker

http://www.youtube.com/user/Smarty8

The new windows 7 can handle HD Straight from the GoPro. $1000 Final Cut Pro cant even do that...

Bang for the buck--->window movie maker
Is it saturday yet?

What's with all these "What's the BEST (something or other)" threads

seriously, all this stuff is subjective and if one needs to solicit for a "best" of anything, then it must not be that clear cut

I suspect the best editing software is something I actually read the manual on :D. Or something the other guys around me use so we can share our experience - especially those programs that are very complicated and have so many features.

another way to approach it is to define what one considers best for them and score/rank those attributes they think are real. then get a large poll conducted to rate those attributes across a lot of candidate programs - then total up weight scores of those results. (it's called a decision matrix - neat tool)

frankly, anyone looking for something free should just be happy to find something at all that works

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants