pre7117

Pc1000, Gopro or Cx150?

I am jumping a pc1000 and was looking for some help. Camera still works but has a tape issue once in a while. I see everyone jumping GoPro's and was wondering is the camera that good. Should I just get a Gopro and forget about the dinosaur I jump or go with the CX and pay $1,000.00+ for a new setup. Is anyone still jumping the Pc anymore?
HELLFISH 429
POPS 11113

i bought a cx-100 for 200 used with a hd wide angle about a month ago. go pro is just not good enough for outside video in my opinion. pc-1000 is fine as long as it works and yur dz can handle tapes.

Agreed on the GoPro..... I jump a cx150 and can tell you it is a great camera but you do not need the 150... many of the Sony cx series are great.... The 110 is great and shoots quality video.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

i bought a cx-100 for 200 used with a hd wide angle about a month ago. go pro is just not good enough for outside video in my opinion.

Gopro on 1080p is the same width as a cx100 with a 0.3.

If you use a skeleton box the sound is improved significantly.

Why do you say they are not good?

They produce much clearer footage than CX with the liquid lens etc

No need for hype eye, no need for expensive lens, no need for spending $1000.

i will let someone with tech specs weigh in on this. But the color quality of a go pro v. cx-100 with HD lens is not even close. customers are paying 100 dollars for your video. go pro just does not have the overall quality for commercial outside video in my opinion. do i think skydiving video guys are under paid compared to regular video people. sure do. is the go pro good for video with your buddies. sure is. a cx-100 new with an hd lens will be 4-500. not 1000. go pro hd is 300 i believe. paying customers deserve better quality in my opinion. this is a similar argument to using a video camera to take still pictures for commercial tandems. the quality is just not there yet. is the one camera solution cheaper, safer, lighter for the underpaid camera guy. sure is.. but just not appropriate yet. why would u put a SD lens on a cx series camera anyway ? just one opinion.
dont let life pass you by

i will let someone with tech specs weigh in on this. But the color quality of a go pro v. cx-100 with HD lens is not even close. customers are paying 100 dollars for your video. go pro just does not have the overall quality for commercial outside video in my opinion. do i think skydiving video guys are under paid compared to regular video people. sure do. is the go pro good for video with your buddies. sure is. a cx-100 new with an hd lens will be 4-500. not 1000. go pro hd is 300 i believe. paying customers deserve better quality in my opinion. this is a similar argument to using a video camera to take still pictures for commercial tandems. the quality is just not there yet. is the one camera solution cheaper, safer, lighter for the underpaid camera guy. sure is.. but just not appropriate yet. why would u put a SD lens on a cx series camera anyway ? just one opinion.

+1!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

i will let someone with tech specs weigh in on this. But the color quality of a go pro v. cx-100 with HD lens is not even close. customers are paying 100 dollars for your video. go pro just does not have the overall quality for commercial outside video in my opinion. do i think skydiving video guys are under paid compared to regular video people. sure do. is the go pro good for video with your buddies. sure is. a cx-100 new with an hd lens will be 4-500. not 1000. go pro hd is 300 i believe. paying customers deserve better quality in my opinion.

I hear all the time from Sony buffs that the picture quality is better.

Show me proof!

99% of people that use CX series cameras for skydiving used liquid/cookie/etc. lenses and use the cameras in standard definition to speed up the editing process.

If you use one of these lenses you are instantly reducing the quality to less than that of a Go-pro.

So, I agree with you that a CX with a HD lens and recorded in HD and burned onto Blue Ray is better than a GoPro HD burned edited in HD onto Blue ray as there are more advanced processes going on in the CX...

I bet you do not know many people (if any) at all that use a HD lens, record and edit in HD and burn to blue ray.

If you do then excuse me I am wrong.

We actually sell our videos for $200 with photos and upload. No complaints yet.

The moment you burn onto a standard DVD, everything you mention is lost into oblivion. What shits me is people claiming they have HD videos when they burn onto DVD anyway, that is ill informed false advertising and is against the law.

So the Gopro is great to fart around for fun jumps, CX is what you want if you get paid and PC is still a good option if you dont have the cash to upgrade.

Go-pro shits all over a PC/HC tape camera... you just need editing software that can process it.

So the Gopro is great to fart around for fun jumps, CX is what you want if you get paid and PC is still a good option if you dont have the cash to upgrade.

The Go Pro shits all over any of the PC series or HC series cameras by a country mile!

Many will say that Sony CX has better image quality than a Go Pro, and that 'is' the case if;

You use a HD lens 'and' you record in HD 'and' you edit on specific software 'and' record onto blue ray disks...

Most people that use CX series cameras will use liquid/cookie/etc lenses which produce grainy images with poor focus around the outside of the image.

Also most people that use CX series cameras record in standard definition in order to speed up the editing process.

Only if you record onto blue ray with all the above criteria will you have a HD video.

It comes down to what editing system and computer you have to use.

Check this link to see the different in colors and picture quality from Go-pro HD camera and my sony cx105.

The guy with the black suit is filmed with my sony.
The guy with the white suit (me) was filmed with the GO-pro.

I did this video for my self and not to compare the two cameras,but I thing it is a good example for this thread..:-))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No7_fD_N-t0

I was used iMovie and the lens for the sony is century optics .55x

The Go Pro shits all over any of the PC series or HC series cameras by a country mile!

Many will say that Sony CX has better image quality than a Go Pro, and that 'is' the case if;

You use a HD lens 'and' you record in HD 'and' you edit on specific software 'and' record onto blue ray disks...

Most people that use CX series cameras will use liquid/cookie/etc lenses which produce grainy images with poor focus around the outside of the image.

Also most people that use CX series cameras record in standard definition in order to speed up the editing process.

Only if you record onto blue ray with all the above criteria will you have a HD video.

It comes down to what editing system and computer you have to use.

Do you actually believe all these things you just wrote???
I always rec on Hd without special lens and program..:S

What setting was the Go Pro on? and what setting was the CX on? any filter?

It looks as though the Go Pro was on on less tha full quality as on the highest quality setting it is about the same width as a 0.3. I am not so familiar with .55...

The go pro footage is clearly much wider than the CX footage.

Please clarify.

Do you actually believe all these things you just wrote???
I always rec on Hd without special lens and program..

then you videos are not High definition.

They may be good quality, but not high definition.

Because my english are poor,I can't answer you as I want...BUT..
The video of the go pro is HD??
Are you comparing the tiny sensor of a go pro camera with the sensor of ANY sony cx camera??
Did you see the different??In my pc is more noticeable..(The quality is lower in you tube)
I am using a very good quality lens ,I don't know if it is a HD lens,but When I bought it I have compared it with HD lens heavier and bigger and I don't noticed any HUGE different..The only sure thing is that I am not using a "cheap" SD lens like liquid etc....
The go-pro and the other small cameras are ok for fun jumps and personal staff...
If you want to film tandem you may want (not only you) a camera with better picture quality,because someone paid for this video...
This is my opinion...

What setting was the Go Pro on? and what setting was the CX on? any filter?

It looks as though the Go Pro was on on less tha full quality as on the highest quality setting it is about the same width as a 0.3.

The go pro footage is clearly much wider than the CX footage.

Please clarify.

My sony is always auto on everything...Ididn't change something.Only the wide lens conversion..

About the go-pro I have no idea...
But if i had a go-pro I will always ALWAYS rec in highest quality...Why less???
Because it is shaking in highest quality?? :)

Because my english are poor,I can't answer you as I want...BUT..
The video of the go pro is HD??

There are 5 different settings on a go proHD.

Anything from standard definition up to 1080p.

If you record in full HD the picture is not as wide and you do not get as much on your card. Most people will not use the highest quality setting for mucking around so they can get more on the card...

Unless you have a HD screen/tv/monitor then there is no use for HD. What you see on you tube there is not high definition.

High quality maybe, but not hight definition.

ill clarify for you.

anna nicole smith married for love and barry bonds gained 75 pounds of muscle naturally.

the go pro under no situation in a straight up comparison will out perform a cx/sony video camera for overall quality.

keep trying though. false advertising works.
dont let life pass you by

the go pro under no situation in a straight up comparison will out perform a cx/sony video camera for overall quality.

I am no here to argue with you, CX's have better quality, larger sensors that is for sure. But that is only of benifit if you have the right lens.

The most popular lenses that you see most people using (liquid/cookie... etc) produce a blurry image around the edges and vignetting. Go pro does not.

Have you compared a Go Pro on 720p v's a CX with a 0.2 black eye lens?

There is no comparison, for hand cam or close up footage the go pro rules the roost.

With the correct lens the CX shits all over the Go pro...

@swoopguy

I will not play this "game" with you..

@pre7117

man the final decision is yours!

PS:suddenly the cx is better than the go-pro??:)

the cypres will also deliberately try to kill you.. :S
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda