labrys

Cameye vs Cameye II

If the green vs blue light suggestion is true, then I would be interested in your Cameye II if you truly want to sell it.

I think the Cameyes still have value. I have an old PC5 and a new CX110. It seems to me that with the Cameye II and the LANC port to D port adapter I would have a setup that can control either camera for about the same cost as a new HypEye, right?
Owned by Remi #?

Sorry I totally forgot about this when got home last night. It's been sitting around on a shelf for over a year so I have no proble parting with it. I was busy packing for a skiing/tunnel trip to Denver and will be flying out tonight so I won't have time to deal with this till monday. PM me if you are still interested.

I sent you a pm about this.

Also my son, Nick, who works for PD is at the Denver Tunnel conducting a camp with Melanie Curtis and then helping with PD Skydventure Colorado Tunnel Boogie.

If you see him tell him his Old Man said Hi.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

If the green vs blue light suggestion is true, then I would be interested in your Cameye II if you truly want to sell it.

I think the Cameyes still have value. I have an old PC5 and a new CX110. It seems to me that with the Cameye II and the LANC port to D port adapter I would have a setup that can control either camera for about the same cost as a new HypEye, right?

Yes, you would have a system for about the same price, with fewer features, but if using the Pc5 is important, then you're good to go.

Blue vs Green stand-by lights. If memory serves, the Cameye I has the blue, the Cameye II has the green.

From the Paragear Cameye II listing:

Three different indication lights (Blue, and Red) will indicate the camera's status at all times.

I think the Cameye II has blue lights, and I thought the original Cameye only had a light, without a toggle switch.
Can anyone confirm?
BASE 1384

No zoom lock, no control of brightness, no debrief...but outside of those, you'd have a pretty standard setup.

Thanks, that's good info. I can live without the zoom lock and brightness control. The adapter cable I bought has a debrief port, so that's covered.
Owned by Remi #?

I think the Cameye II has blue lights

Got an email from the manufacturer..

According to them, some CIIs have green lights but most have blue lights..

They said that the best way to tell the difference is to look at the LANC port. The CII is "lower profile"

Anyone got a pic of a CII LANC port that I can compare to my Cameye to see which one I have? :S
Owned by Remi #?

They said that the best way to tell the difference is to look at the LANC port. The CII is "lower profile"

Anyone got a pic of a CII LANC port that I can compare to my Cameye to see which one I have? :S

Lifting my heavy ass outta the chair and going to try and find my Cameyes. They're somewhere around here, packaged up in a closet. I have both the Cameye I and II. I'll take a look and post some pics in a bit. :P

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Here's the pics.

As for the 'lower profile', if this is true, then the Cameye II has the blue light and the Cameye I has the green light.

HOWEVER, I remember the Cameye II having a much brighter light, and I cut the tab down to keep from blinding my right (dominate) eye. That light is Green.

The Green Light Cameye has the Skytool's Logo on it, as well as the Skytools logo on the back of the stereo plug. Maybe someone could find out when they started putting the logo on their product? The Blue Light Cameye does not have the logo (but has the lower profile). The Green Light Cameye has the logo, however the profile is larger. Makes sense to be larger when it has more computer control, no?

Confused yet? :P

>

I left the first paragraphs in this post instead of deleting them, in case it helps others in deciding which Cameye they have. I'm sure as Hypoxic plays with their Hypeye over the years they'll also have different models as the camera's turn . . . :)

Thanks for that!

I have the logo, a blue light, and a LANC jack that looks like the one on the right in your 0379 picture...

:D

I think Sky Tools must just randomly put the things together with whatever they have on hand at the time.

Owned by Remi #?

Thanks for that!

I have the logo, a blue light, and a LANC jack that looks like the one on the right in your 0379 picture...

:D

I think Sky Tools must just randomly put the things together with whatever they have on hand at the time.

Interesting. IMO you have the Cameye I.

On another note here: My Green Light Cameye (the one I'm calling Cameye II) has the logo, brighter light, and a thicker cord than my Cameye I. Look at the pictures again. The one on the left (of picture 0379) is the thicker cord, larger plug, and recessed stereo base. Look at picture 0382.

I think you're right.

And I truly appreciate your help with those pics.

You're welcome.

One more solidifying fact here. I just played with both Cameyes, with my old TRV22 camera. I remember my Cameye I taking several 'red light blinks' before the light would become solid blue, indicating it was ready to record when I wanted. The Cameye II would immediately go Red-Green when turned on (no blinking hesitation to boot-up).

Now I *know* that my Green Light Cameye is the Cameye II. :D

Happy Jumping!