ridestrong

Homemade camera mount/cover for the Contour HD

That is the type of input I've been looking for... not all the worthless BS that came before it.

It's this type of comment that lends many people who are wise in their years to conclude you haven't a clue in your desire to capture skydives on video nor a clue as to how to go about it in a reduced hazard.

Normally I would just let it slide and not say anything.... because your past posting history leads me and others to believe, no matter what good advice your getting here, your going to disregard it and tell us how wrong it is, because you know a better way.

However are you not the same person who started a thread about a cutaway with a Go pro and posted a video..http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=3842554;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

Now you come back in here and post this, sorry dude, but you really need to get your head out of your ass before you wake up dead! Had you taken the time to review your own photo/frame grab image from the Go Pro event, you would clearly see why your current design sucks and should not be used as is....

It is clear to many who visit here your a "new breed" of entitlement jumper who can't listen to shit or learn from anyone and your hell bent on relearning the lessons of the past first hand.

Clearly you've been told a number of times by many....

1.http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3962884;search_string=ridestrong;#3962884

2.http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3896540;search_string=ridestrong;#3896540

And yet you fail to find the correct answers own your own in all your "research" about how to go about doing something dangerous, safely, and on top of all that stupid shit, you want to insult the very people who have made and jumped all that homemade shit and lived to tell the stories, by telling us we're wrong & all about your mad skillz and how smart you are for doing barrel rolls in your track to check airspace or how smart you are for using a Go Pro and then taking the time to unsnap your non cutaway rigged helmet during a mal.

If you truly had a clue, you wouldn't have 1) taken the time to build that, 2) posted it and then asked the community for feed back 3) then said "not all the worthless BS that came before it."

Like I said you would better off learning to STFU, open your ears, eyes and taking the time to slow down and learn something that might save your ass one day.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Maybe you missed the post where I said I scrapped the idea, and I'm just going to top mount it on my open face.

The answers before were worthless... I was looking for reasons why not to jump it, not just the answer 'don't jump it', '[:/]', etc,...

As for my previous cutaway... knowing now that the GoPro would have likely just ripped off I probably wouldn't unclip my chin strap again, if it was bolted on I would still do the same in the exact same scenario.

There are a lot of very experienced people that have varying opinions on barrel rolls... personally I have phased out the barrel roll and now back track briefly on our FF break-offs.

I make changes to my methods based on experience and good advice weather you believe so or not. Frankly your the one coming at me with a bunch of attitude, but there are too many people here who have nothing better to do than wait for someone to JUMP ON.

I had an idea for a shield mount, I put it together and asked for others to find flaws in it. Some were pointed out to me and I scrapped the idea.... seemed like a logical process.

*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

The lower edge is a line cutter. Even if you tape it. The edge will cut through the tape as easily as it will cut through the line. Get a brake and round the edges; weld and grind the seams if possible.

The nylock nut is a bit of a snag hazard. Replace it with a chassis bolt with the nut on the inside to reduce the hazard.

Add a cutaway system to the helmet. (Will probably require significant engineering and cutting away the lower fabric.)

Anchor the whole thing better. As it is now it looks easy for a line to get under the shield and bend the whole thing out of the way. Use at least three points.

The lower edge is a line cutter. Even if you tape it. The edge will cut through the tape as easily as it will cut through the line. Get a brake and round the edges; weld and grind the seams if possible.

The nylock nut is a bit of a snag hazard. Replace it with a chassis bolt with the nut on the inside to reduce the hazard.

Add a cutaway system to the helmet. (Will probably require significant engineering and cutting away the lower fabric.)

Anchor the whole thing better. As it is now it looks easy for a line to get under the shield and bend the whole thing out of the way. Use at least three points.

Thank you Bill for the suggestions... for now I'm scrapping the idea. If I try again I will address the changes you pointed out.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

I have used the XVusa mount on a Z1 for a whole season. It works well, but it's held on with 3M dual-lock. The only time it got knocked off was an overly aggressive AFF student when I had to bury my head in his side. It's a good mount, but I'd investigate the contour box from chutingstar. Depends on how you can SAFELY mount it, and keep it snag-proof...