millertime24

Am I the only one?

So I'm sitting here in Al Udeid, Quatar waiting for my ride home in a couple days. After extreem boredom set in my hyper-creative mind comes up with the idea to open up Vegas Pro9 and make a slide show out of the hundreds of pics I took while deployed. Now my question is how many of you had to use the tutorial SEVERAL times to figure out all the goodies on this software? The good thing is Ive only done about 30 or so pics so far and already burned up several hours.
Muff #5048

use the VASST StillMotion, Ultimate S, or Production Assistant to automatically generate a motion slide show, of up to 9,999 photos. It takes about 6 seconds...

the amazing part is it looks good after only 6 seconds, with various crossfades/photo motion added... even auto-synced to music beats if you like

So i like to create a slideshow with music added at the end of all my videos. I use a combination of frame grabs from video and still shots from the still camera. Which software add on in vegas would you recommend as being the easiest to work with? I have pro 8 vegas installed in windows xp on my mac.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Well, I can see how that could be used in funeral services but its an odd place to receive an award.

Be glad its not being awarded post-mortem:P
And it is nice to see programs become more and more accesable/less complex for everyone.
Finaly letting creativity take a driver seat, instead of technical prowes and nerdyness..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

use the VASST StillMotion, Ultimate S, or Production Assistant to automatically generate a motion slide show, of up to 9,999 photos. It takes about 6 seconds...

That may well come in handy when I get back to the states, but RIGHT NOW I have an insane amount of time to kill and litterally nothing else to do. BTW, every time I try to import music files into Vegas it gives me some error saying that is could not open the file. Does the file need to be converted into something that Vegas likes?
Muff #5048

Vegas should import any audio format just fine, excepting AAC that has DRM wrappers (Apple doesn't like their copy protection to be thwarted).

MP3, Ogg, Mpeg 2, FLAC, ALAC, Monkey, AIFF, mpc, au, and awb are all formats that Vegas will open.