Demian

How tight is TOO tight??

Everyone ready to laugh?

I just received a RW suit that I won on Ebay. The description said that it would fit someone 5'6"-5'10" 150-180lbs. Ok, I'm 5'8" and 150lbs, and from the waist down, this thing is TIGHT, almost like a second skin. Now, I know RW suits are supposed to be snug, but it is supposed to bring back memories of the Sunset Strip in the 80's???
How tight is TOO tight??

I'm really bummed that it doesn't fit, but it's a cool looking suit.

Remember when sex was safe, and skydiving was dangerous?

Since RW suits are custom made, "5'6"-5'10" 150-180lbs," seems like a wide range. That's four inches of height and 30 pounds of variation. No RW suit manufacturer I know would build a suit with that amount of height range. If it was built for someone 5"10" a 5"6" person would have four inches of flop on their booties.

Should have asked them their exact size, but since its a done deal - Send it to the manufacturer for a retrofit.

Everyone ready to laugh?

I just received a RW suit that I won on Ebay. The description said that it would fit someone 5'6"-5'10" 150-180lbs. Ok, I'm 5'8" and 150lbs, and from the waist down, this thing is TIGHT, almost like a second skin. Now, I know RW suits are supposed to be snug, but it is supposed to bring back memories of the Sunset Strip in the 80's???
How tight is TOO tight??

I'm really bummed that it doesn't fit, but it's a cool looking suit.

Maybe you can post a Picture ,then we can laugh
just kidding
Amir
AM67

does this suit have booties? Do they booties fit without stretching/risking the seams ripping? Just curious.

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Do your panty lines show? Glamour magazine tells us that's a serious fashion faux pasB|

That said, if you're scared of its giving way on any kind of landing, or if it restricts your motion, it's probably too tight. If you need to wear weights with your current jumpsuit and it doens't do one of those things, try it.

edited to say: oh, and do post pictures...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'm interested in hearing a little more about retrofitting. Can any seamstress do this for me, or does it have to be the manufacturer?

Here's the suit. Sorry, no pics of me actually wearing it. I have a reputation to protect. :D:S

I'm interested in hearing a little more about retrofitting. Can any seamstress do this for me, or does it have to be the manufacturer?

You would talk to the manufacturer first, take your measurements using the manufacturer's form (i.e., tonysuits.com flitesuit, etc.) send the form and the suit. They would email you with a cost.

I really can't address the seamstress question. Its been my experience that most of them use a cotton or polycotton thread (which doesn't do well with freefall speeds) instead of a nylon thread, but you could always take the suit to one and ask.

Hope that helps.

I've emailed him and mentioned that it doesn't fit. I guess that's just one of the drawbacks of buying something on Ebay. SOME people will accept returns, some won't. We'll have to see what he says.

Plus, I can't find anything on the manufacturer (Para-Phernalia), althought there is an address and phone number on the tag, the number is disconnected.

I did find a manufacturer in Australia called Gravitator who makes a pair of Freefly pants that I'm interested in. And, what I paid for this suit, I could have gotten those pants... so there's a kick in the ass....

kinda hard to know if its tight with it on a hanger[:/]

yeah, how about putting it on so we can tell if it is too tight or not ? That is the subject of this thread, right ? Sitting on a hanger don't tell us much, other than it's black and you have a water heater. ;);)

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

I don't have a water heater OR a 70's-ish hamper.. LOL
Those pics are from the person who I bought the jumpsuit from..

Anyway, I put it up on Ebay last night... we'll see if I can find a new home for it.