Jib

Anyone have any news on the Neptune?

I'm trying to decide between a Protrack & Neptune. Does anyone know when the Neptunes start shipping? Anyone tried one out?

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Rigs&Things website says shipping starts end of june...but that's all. I ordered one, but I also ordered a container which won't be ready for another 5 weeks, so I should get the Neptune in august sometime. In case they're not shipping them by then, I'll change my order to a Protrack.

I have several Neptunes on order from Alti-2 for my "little gear store" i.e. eBay, :)Alti-2, Kathy directly told me shipping at the end of the month. There has been a production problem resulting from one parts vendor. I have customers waiting and they are thankfully patiently waiting.

Alan

Ahh.. this is starting to turn into the martini shot syndrome. They are supposed to call me back shortly, but the "new" girl who works there asked them while I was on the phone inquiring and they said a few more weeks. So I was like "uh, i was just told last week they were shipping the beginning of this week -- why does it keep getting pushed back?" so .. i guess we'll find out when they call me back. It isn't the waiting it is the "it will ship on this date" and then it falls through time and time again (same with Martini)

It isn't the waiting it is the "it will ship on this date" and then it falls through time and time again

They'll ship when they ship. It's a new product. Give 'em a chance to get it right before they put it out there.

Oh, and this is normal in this industry. I can think of a certain helmet manufacturer who started in with the "coming soon" advertising well over a year before they actually released the product.

It isn't the waiting it is the "it will ship on this date" and then it falls through time and time again

They'll ship when they ship. It's a new product. Give 'em a chance to get it right before they put it out there.

Oh, and this is normal in this industry. I can think of a certain helmet manufacturer who started in with the "coming soon" advertising well over a year before they actually released the product.

But did they say "oh it will ship next week" ?

kev, if anything, it will take them longer to get the neptune out because they have to field 100 phone calls a day. Alti-2 doesn't have a huge manufacturing plant, either. it's only a few people....like birdman.

i would bet that they are as frustrated as you are, but sometimes delays just happen. you'll still get yours probably before most of the skydiving community if your order was in early. don't sweat the small stuff. ;)

Lisa's right...let them hammer out the kinks. IMHO, it's better to have the delay now and ensure a better quality product than it would be to release a substandard product just to meet the deadline....

patience, grasshopper. :ph34r:
arlo

So, anyone know anything new yet? (bump)

Maybe they'll have them by WFFC....

They were supposed to start shipping last thursday, the CEO sent me a pic of all the units before they started testing them.. who knows if there was any truth to that