bokor

Reliable dealers

Unfortunately I am unable to hit up the Resellerratings webpage through my work computer :( otherwise I would not be asking the following..........

Has anyone out there had any experience with the Ebay stores ""Stringray Electronics" or Digital Innovations Inc"? I have a guy at my home DZ who is looking at getting into flying a lens and found what I consider to be "too good to be true" deals advertised by these vendors. The camera setup in particular is a Sony HC-9. My initial thought on these two dealers was caveat emptor........

Like most of you who post here, I always recommend B&H or Adorama for reliability, reputation and service. I have not had any experience with the two stores that I mentioned and any advice/experience that could be shared I would greatly appreciate.

Blues,
Stu W

If it didn't happen on camera, it didn't happen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx!

I knew about B&H, but they didn't have any HC5E PAL-versions left. Adorama did, so I found what I was looking for, and will make the order from them. With the exchange rates these days I am saving $400 compared to Norwegian prices.B|

I stick with B&H or Adorama

These are probably the most reputable big equipment dealers on the net. If you find something that sounds too good to be true, it is. There are tons of scam artists sites selling photo gear on the net so be careful.

You can also check out a sites ratings at Resellerratings

I love B&H and have heard lots of good things about Adorama...

Too bad they aren't shipping till passover ends :( Hate when that happens.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

That's because both B&H and Adorama are owned and operated by Hasidic Jews. They're always closed over religious holidays. But their service has always been very good and reliable. I rarely buy from anyone else

Action©Sports

Thanx!

I knew about B&H, but they didn't have any HC5E PAL-versions left. Adorama did, so I found what I was looking for, and will make the order from them. With the exchange rates these days I am saving $400 compared to Norwegian prices.B|

I use to live over in Sweden - it's almost as expensive as Norway lol.

What happens when you buy an item like that from the U.S and have it shipped back home? Don't you have to pay something like 25% in sales tax/VAT once it arrives in Norway?

Action©Sports

If you are looking for a dealer for still camera and thier accessories I highly recommend Midwest Photo Exchange They are a local store for me that is a mini version of B&H and they will try to match B&H's list price if they are able to. I've bought some items from them in the past where they have given me a future sale price since they knew the price would be changing the next Monday. They also did some price matching for me when I said that another online store had the item for a bit cheaper, they verified it and matched the price for me.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com