dallycat

Canon EOS REBEL XSi

Can anyone help me out with some setting recommendations for the best picture quality in the air?

All of them!

Seriously every setting has its place in skydiving photography, it is up to you to figure out the combo of settings that will give you the desired effect. I'd start out by reading some photographic books like Understanding Exposure. That will will really help you understand your camera is more then just a point and shoot and will help you get good results by understanding what is occuring on the camera.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Your camera manual that comes with it will explain everything to you in pretty simple terminology. To get more in depth a good photography book like eric said. Its digital so charge your batteries and play.
Have fun ! :)

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Just in case you didn't do a search I did a quick on for ya.

I KNOW the XSI is a new model but camera settings have been the same since the flintstones were using a parrot to chisel the image into stone.

This helped me a lot when I got new lenses that I wasn't familiar with. I'm not pro but I can usually get the shot I am looking for...if the jumpers would just get in their fucking slots.:D

My photos

My Videos

This helped me a lot when I got new lenses that I wasn't familiar with. I'm not pro but I can usually get the shot I am looking for...if the jumpers would just get in their fucking slots.

~Must resist hijacking of thread....So difficult...Arghhhhh....~:)

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

This helped me a lot when I got new lenses that I wasn't familiar with. I'm not pro but I can usually get the shot I am looking for...if the jumpers would just get in their fucking slots.

No kidding...:D:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...