Skydave103

New cameras to salivate over.

http://tech.msn.com/products/articlepcw.aspx?cp-documentid=6063938&icid=tg6063938>1=10840

Now who is going to be the first person to buy one and let everyone else know if the are "skydiver" friendly. B|

DSE, have you gotten a sneak peek yet?

Dave
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

The Phantom is a sweet cam, but impractical to use. Expect most pro cams to have phantom-like features over the next coupla years.
This clip was shot with the Phantom and 2 litePanels (discussed in another thread).
Yeah...a Phantom in freefall shooting a deployment!:)

Yes, I have. it made me ill. Literally.
We have a 16' screen with HDMI projector. We watched 720p on the screen.
There is something *REALLY* wrong with seeing wingsuits from a standing angle, and it left all three of us (we were standing) a little queasy. Our bodies are standing, but our eyes are looking down. It's not right. Once we sat down, it was fine, but everyone we've shown this to since responds with "Oh my god, it's like you're flying right there."
BTW, you owe beer, y'know. You'll forever hold the honor of being the first in the world to fly an XDCAM EX. I'm the second.B| Do I get any special Monkey honors for that?:D

Yes, I have. it made me ill. Literally. We have a 16' screen with HDMI projector.

On a 16' screen at 60 fps and at the quality that camera delivers, I can believe that the visual might throw ones equilibrium off. If you could save me a copy of that footage some how I'd appreciate it. Have the people at Sony seen it yet?

BTW, you owe beer, y'know.

Wait a second, I think there are different rules for first ever TO DO something and first time DOING something thats already been done. At any rate, I'll gladly buy beer as long as it's Gunniess;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

yes, and they've asked for more, but they'll need to give me a budget first. Did I mention we purchased four of these cams? They are the bomb. I flew it at Mesquite, too. The background there simply isn't good for this level of cam, coupled with the jumpsuits that were worn, but we were just dicking around, not looking for awesome footage. I wish like hell I'd had you or Scott wear this cam for the flocks. The angle is wide enough that he might have even caught a shot of me finally sliding in.
Schneider has just announced a wide for this cam, but I don't think it's necessary at all. It's only a .7 anyway, so for the added weight...screw it, IMO. I'm probably going to figure out a neoprene cover for this, but of course, it's only a special-shoots camera for us so likely won't need it. Had hoped to shoot w/it at PR and Empuria[:/]
I could rant on and on about this cam...damn I love it.

BTW, for those into this geeky shit...I'll have a few passes for NAB and the conference sessions. They'll be first come, first served. The conference session passes are worth $1900.00 and include full floor access to the NAB show in Las Vegas. http://www.nab.org if you want to attend.
Don't you DARE think about asking for a pass if you're not 110% sure you're going to attend.

yeah, well...i was sliding up right behind your fat ass, you're just lucky it was time to break off, or you'd have had a Bonehead in your butt. I'm still struggling with the brakes. C'mon, cut me some slack, I was in the slot for at least 3 seconds. It's not my fault the photographer had already moved on...I was there. Really, I was.
Speaking of..

yes, and they've asked for more, but they'll need to give me a budget first.

Damn skippy, I don't work for peanuts.:D

Did I mention we purchased four of these cams?

Damn, that had to hurt:D.

Schneider has just announced a wide for this cam, but I don't think it's necessary at all.

I concur. I was surprised at the FOV it had just wide open. I think a WA would only be needed for super close up footage of a wide subject or area.

Had hoped to shoot w/it at PR and Empuria

Put it in a pelican case with a cheat sheet and send it to me;):D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

How did I get pulled into this....:S

Because you tok off without getting a photo of me in the slot. If you'd only have waited til breakoff, everyone would get to see my ass in the midst of coolness and organization.:D
Seriously, can't wait to fly w/you again, just picked up a POV helmet for WS flying. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out what I'm doing wrong (and right) from watching.

How did I get pulled into this....:S

Because you tok off without getting a photo of me in the slot. If you'd only have waited til breakoff, everyone would get to see my ass in the midst of coolness and organization.:D
Seriously, can't wait to fly w/you again, just picked up a POV helmet for WS flying. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out what I'm doing wrong (and right) from watching.

LOL, the only excuse I have must be that I was scared! :o

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"