starke

Tony suites which wings?

My team just orderd new suites from Tony suites. I asked for big wings and was recomeded the D-wings. I'm not shure there right fore me since they stop at the elbow. My curent wings go from high on the thigh to mid forearm.

Pro's and con's on the difrent wings?

Strikly competitiv 4-way, 220 Lbs(105kg) exit weight, 1000+ camera jumps.

Just one videot's experience but...

I jump Tony Suits' "C" wing (exit weight 195-200lbs, 2500 camera jumps, mostly belly) which is their mid-range wing. Although my exit weight is only a little lighter than yours, I have no problem staying with even very light tandems. My experiences with 4-ways are that they usually fall very fast (or at least they try to, check with your team). The "D" wing is pretty large, and I think of it as being for heavier jumpers and/or slower fall rates (i.e. smaller tandems and the like). IMHO you would be better suited (no pun...) with the "A" or "C" wing, but I have never actually jumped a "D," and it really depends on your flying.

Just my too sense...Short of borrowing/demoing suits, gets lots of opinions.

Here's my 2 cents worth. I've had all of the Tony wing sizes and even modified some of them. I had the C wing and cut the wings off after a spinning malfunction and couldn't find my handle in all of the material while I was on my back. That was a nasty couple of seconds. I do 4-way and Tandem video and I use the A wing for everything now. I put RSL clips on it and have it attached to my leg straps. The B wing is to small for 4-way unless your a very light person. The D wing is just to much unless your a big person. One thing I did do and I always do it now is order the 2 peace camera suit. You can't beat having a pair of pants to go home in or just a jacket to jump in when it's hot as hell out. I weigh about 165 and fly pretty flat when I'm doing 4 way and can catch some pretty good air when I sit with the A wing. Good luck.

Roger that. B-wings are nonsense, don't even bother. I had a B-wing suit made because I'm fairly lanky, but in trying to shoot 4-way I found the wings were laughably small and didn't really help at all. I had the suit modified by a friend to be more like the A-wing suit, with RSL-style clips that connect to rings on my leg straps and they work great.

I'm a big guy and your milage may vary, but I've never seen a wing from anyone that was "too large".

As long as it doesn't get in your way for deployment, in my opinion, bigger is better. There's no law that says you have to use all of it all the time, but you can't use what you don't have.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

As long as it doesn't get in your way for deployment, in my opinion, bigger is better. There's no law that says you have to use all of it all the time, but you can't use what you don't have.

Amen to that!

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

Yup - totally agree. If you are light as I am you can even increase your range with lead....

Which is what little ol' me has to do. 13# with a 4-way, plus wings (for the exit and flying close). :P

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

My record with a heavy tandem pair was something close to 35 lbs. With big wings you can still get that nice low angle .....

Thomas

You got me beat. Mine was 28#...flying reserve side on a heavy AFF Level 1 student.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Tonys C wings are basically the wings from his jacket that I designed 10 years ago. Here is a photo to show where they are attached........
same on a full suit as they are on a jacket

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=116250701&albumID=0&imageID=1447181
My O.C.D. has me chasing a dream my A.D.D. won't let me catch.