sunman

CX7 for handycam use?

That 5 1/4 inch length would make it tough to fit in a hand-mount.
Consider that most men's hands are only 4 inches - maybe 4 1/2 inches - across the knuckles.

Don't forget to consider the additional length of the very wide/.025 lens that needs to be added for tandem use, when measuring the whole camera.

waycool have gloves for this cam

I've jumped with it and it's REALLY small and light. I have a very small hand too. Well it's fat but small. I contacted waycool and they said they wouldn't make a glove for it for a bunch of reasons. The glove we have is from somewhere else but I honestly couldn't tell you where.
As far as how it would work with hand cam...it would depend on how you wanted to edit/using a cam eye or not/how fast you wanted the editing to go/can't grab still pics from vid/no eye piece.
Blah blah.
[:/]

As far as how it would work with hand cam...it would depend on how you wanted to edit/using a cam eye or not/how fast you wanted the editing to go/can't grab still pics from vid/no eye piece.
Blah blah.
[:/]

Of course you can grab stills from this cam, and they're quite good.
Cam-eye doesn't work, of course (no LANC), editing is no different in terms of speed than editing anything else. The workflow slows down if you have an older computer, and rendering time. But the editing itself is the same as DV or HDV.

Ok Mr. I know everything. :P
How we edit here needs to be very fast (12 or so min start to finish). The CX7 probably won't work here because you can't grab pics and put them on to the memory stick. Then editing takes longer than your old-fashioned mixing board/CD player/TV.
...that's what I meant buy it depends on how you want to edit...
BUT...if you can tell me a way in which you can edit a vid start to finish AND have 30-35 still pics and less than 12 min I'd probably give you $100.
:D

Its easy depending on your work flow. If you have a template and only need to shoot about 3 minutes of actual footage with something like the CX7 that only takes about 30 seconds to transfer that much footage. Take the clips that you shoot and drop them into your templete. Press render/encode and the DVD starts compliling. A 10 minute video only takes about 2 minutes to burn and if you havea fast enough computer it shouldn't take too long in the render process. While the computer is chugging away at the rendering take the memory card from your stills camera and toss it into a stand alone burner. It takes about 5 minutes to copy 110 picutes to a CD. About the time the CD is finishing up the DVD should be about to start burning since its done rendering.

All told if you spend the time to build up the templates and have a super fast PC there is no reason it can't be done in sub 15 minutes.

Issue is there is no flexability, if you over run your shots by 30 seconds your templete is now off and you have to trim.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Scripts, baby, scripts.
Wanna pull 50 random frames? 1 button. Some of them will look bad, but they're stills, grabbed in about 1 second.

The rest of it, Phree explained. The only thing I'll mention that I do here, is that the template is made to be "long." So, if I end up trimming at all, then all I need to do is turn on a post-edit ripple, and all the gaps/holes in the timeline disappear. One button.

You don't wanna share your scripts by any chance, do ya? My copy of vegas pro arrives from Amazon.com tomorrow. ($343 after mail-in rebate).

Dave

I've been wondering the same thing. It'd be nice to hold a copy of one script to see what it's like & take some good ideas from it. I know I'm still doing a lot of mouse clicks that I should've automated by this point.

$343 huh? Not bad. I'm still holding out for the 64-bit version that's supposedly sposed to get released by end of year.

A "normal" (SD) lens will "work" but it won't offer the full resolution of HD. Still better than SD, however, and the center third of the lens is pretty close to 720 lines of resolution, so it's not all bad.
You couldn't put a "real" HD lens on a CX7 and keep it sized anything like what it is.