Skylark

Can I fly a camera?

Yea what strato said! I agree 110% ! I get so sick of seeing people that have virtually no experience , want to strap on a death cam to boot......
If they are jumping at a reputable dz,someone there would or should be taking them under their wing to guide them anyways. Then again probably someone at the dz has tried to and they won't listen ,and they go to the forums hoping someone there will give in to their ignorance?

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

I agree with both of you, and twice now I've begun to attempt to improve upon the excellent piece that Quade put together. Both times I quit in embarassment, but will likely have something put together soon.

How about something about which video camera, like only Sony, miniDV ok, memory card ok-ish, hd and dvd NOT ok, which cameras are sidemount-able, sidemount vs topmount, if the latest sports-type-cam is just as dangerous as a miniDV cam. These are questions that pop up just about every week :S

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Thank you for taking the time to be a moderator and for all your hard work. I wouldn't worry about trying to fill quades shoes, just keep on doing as you have been and we all know as you & us learn more over time the "read here" will be updated, kind of a work in progress just like learning to skydive with or without a camera, you can never stop learning or trying to improve in this sport.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

What else do you I need to be careful of?

Getting "advice" on the internet...

Strat is totally right on and is not being a "dickhead" at all, if anything he has an overly PC audience.

This thread is useless, preform a search and all of your questions will be answered.
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

Well at last things seemed to have calmed down...I have to admit I'm bemused by the strength of replies when all I did was ask for safety advice.

Somehow I doubt if I asked someone at the dropzone for advice, they would react the same way and tell me I was asking 'stupid' questions and refuse to give me any advice unless I first found a computer and searched the forums on here.

So my follow-up question is 'what screw thread do I need for my camcorder?' I have a simple Sony handycam...somehow a 1/4 inch bolt seems to big. Anyone know the answer?

"Into the dangerous world I leapt..." William Blake, Songs of Experience

Somehow I doubt if I asked someone at the dropzone for advice, they would react the same way and tell me I was asking 'stupid' questions and refuse to give me any advice unless I first found a computer and searched the forums on here.

Unless that person had taken the time to type the answers up, and load them into a searchable database, then you're not making a fair comparison.

How can one fly a canopy with a camera on side of helmet? Dont the risers have to be there?

Yeh, you have to cut a clearance hole in your riser for the camera to fit.

DISCLAIMER: IT'S A JOKE!

:D That was wrong. :P
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan