DSE

Looking for historical photo

Lew Sanborn is your man. I know for a fact he has video of one of the first camera helmet setups. It's a safe bet if anyone has pictures of what can be considered the progenitor of the modern cameramans helmet, it would be him.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

For tons of old photos from the 60's you need to track down Bob Sinclair he did a lot of the early hollywood shit like ripcord, beach blanket bingo and a ton of other early camera work. I just saw him making the rounds at in Z-hills in January, so he should heading north soon. It will take you a good hour or so to look over the scrap books he totes around, and the stories he can tell ya. I f you haven't met him you need to.;)

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I've got stuff at home that will do, some pictures of Lew Sanborn with the cameras he used for a Sports Illustrated cover in 1959 and for the documentary "A Sport is Born" in 1960 or so.

Bob Sinclair donated at least one early movie camera to USPA for the Museum, so if you want pictures of that one, perhaps Clint Vincent at USPA can send you one.

I'm traveling now, but will look on Monday. (Mid-sixties is too late).B|

HW

Sounds like he, or Lew Sanborn is who I need to chat with, as I need something from someone with the authority to give me a limited license for broadcast. I have a fun project related to aerial photography that needs a few cutaway/Broll pieces.

Skyive Spaceland in TX holds the Lew Sanborn Accuracy meet every year about this time that has a lot of the POPS there.

Skydive Greene County in Ohio is doing a POP's Accuracy meet and ash dive for Ted Rose former Top Pop this summer. I'll find out if any of the other early videoguys might be showing up.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com