Snowwhite

WFFC video help

Hey, did you do something cool at one of the past World Free Fall Conventions and have terrific footage to share?
Don has convinced Patrick to put together a 'best of' the WFFC video, and we want to include your exits, dirt dives, golf cart accidents and night time party shots.
Put it on DVD and send it off to the World Free Fall Convention, and get loads of kudos for being included in this edition.
Check out the www.freefall.com website message board for info!
Thanks! WE LOVE THE STUFF YOU GUYS SEND!
Beth
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Hello,

Does the editors or the movie offer any compensation for video's sent? Of course you will plan on charging at least $20 per disk for this.....and what are you prepared to give back to the jumpers that already spent waaaayyyyy too much money on the commericalized boogie.

Thanks.

Should I take your silence as a no? I have tons of footage, no only from myself, but from many friends good stuff. Unfortunately, those like myself that put alot of money and effort into paying for my equipment, my jumps, collecting video, and editing it on my $2500 computer. I cannot just give it away to someone else that is going to make money on it just so I can have a "kudo". Honestly, to me....its not very polite to ask for something for free to make money on it, and then not even have the decency to reply.

Should I take your silence as a no? I have tons of footage, no only from myself, but from many friends good stuff. Unfortunately, those like myself that put alot of money and effort into paying for my equipment, my jumps, collecting video, and editing it on my $2500 computer. I cannot just give it away to someone else that is going to make money on it just so I can have a "kudo". Honestly, to me....its not very polite to ask for something for free to make money on it, and then not even have the decency to reply.

I'm sure the DVD was going to be sent out free of charge to anyone who registered for the boogie in the past. They probably were going to send it out to the address you listed on the waiver as a "Christmas Present".

I agree with you 100%. Can someone else do the work and just send me a check?

Mark

Honestly, to me....its not very polite to ask for something for free to make money on it, and then not even have the decency to reply.

I think Beth was polite and I don't mind her asking for footage at all. I also doubt they will be able to retire off of this DVD. There is always a chance they won't even break even. Since you have so much good footage why don't you edit it on your $2500 computer and sell it through paragear and those other stores. If it is really good I will buy one and give you a kudo or two. Where can I pick up those kudos anyway and how many come in a box?
"... this ain't a Nerf world."

Hey Jose! Glad to hear from you. I just got back from a very long trip, so I haven't had a chance to respond until just now.
The intent of the video is to send it gratis to various dz's, with thanks and credit to those who contribute.
Hope that you will be happy to be a part of the dvd, but if not, we will understand.
Patrick is donating his editing time, we (the WFFC) are donating the dvd's back to the community, and we hope that we can highlight LOTS of various peoples work, and views of the WFFC.
This was born out of a serendipity moment, when we all sat down to watch a variety of skydivers perspectives of the WFFC. Seems that everybody had a great time, and that each one of them caught some different wonderful element that others hadn't caught.
It was incredible to see that some focused on people, some on exits, some on jumps, some on planes, some on HAIR, some on golf carts, some on parties, some on,,,,,,,ok, you get it! What did YOU focus on? And we said "DUH"! There's our video! EVERYBODY should be a part of it!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Minejefe!!! How are you my bumpy brother??!!!

I know dosxx took some fottage of some jumps we did. I will forward him the link and see if he minds sharing.

Shaggio

Hey Shaggio! Thanks for the tip to dosxx! I would love to see whatever footage he would have to share. He is top notch!
I feel badly that he missed the initiation evening, but
it would be expecially good if NO footage of my initiation showed up, although I really enjoyed it!
Gosh I miss you guys!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]