DSE

New Sony HDV camcorder

Got any freefall footage shot with said camera? We're talking about the HDV/24P cameras I read about this morning, yeah?

The page renders in the same way for me... can't find the link or review.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

There is freefall footage, but I'm not permitted to post it due to copyright issues. However...there are stills from both interlaced and progressive shooting modes on that review page.
Page is working fine from here, and has had over 100 views this morning, so I'd believe it's working correctly. You do need to register/login (free) to view and download the content.

On the review/comments page you're seeing, click the "read" button in the upper right corner. that will either take you to the article, or take you to a signup page so you can then read the article.
I would submit it's an unfamiliar layout to you, and maybe that's why you're having trouble. I'd hesitate to call anyone "dumb" for not being able to read it.

I don't know...don't be so quick to judge. There's a lot more that goes into chosing which camera to jump, than just size. Gotta have the right camera(s) for the right job. Just ask Norman Kent, Joe Jennings, et al.

Cheers!

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

Well if I could find some measurements and some weight stats I'd judge it differently. Until then I only have a few pics of it to judge from and it looks a bit bigger than I care to put on my head!!!:P

See ya later Jairo (BTW Thanks again for the Helmet it's working great for me!!!)
Blue SkiesBlack DeathFacebook
www.PLabsInc.com
www.SkydiveDeLand.com
www.FlyteSkool.ws

I'll get some additonal info and post it here. Upshot is...I'm a new flyer, and don't have any issue putting it on my head. Slightly larger than the A1/HC1, but lighter in weight. Norm Kent jumped it and it didn't faze him at all, even with a much heavier cam also on his helmet. but it's easily twice the weight of an HC3. However, small batteries are the order of the day. An FP570 (small battery) lasts 4 hours!

You're very welcome, Mike... I'm glad you like it! It was an awesome helmet and made me lots of $$ with all the vids I shot with it. I'm sure it'll serve you well! My new helmet by Wes has finally been completed...now all the camera mounts are being built. It should be ready to go by weekend after this one!B| See you at the DZ this weekend...

Cheers!

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

I think Sony walked away from dual clock...great feature that it is. It's 60i in the US or 50i in the "rest" of the world.

Super slowmo goes to 12 seconds, rather than just 3. I wish they had an option to install more buffer mem, or allow you to port slo-mo to the memory stick slot so you've got additional slow mo time. Can you imagine such sweet quality for a full 60 second skydive?

I think Sony walked away from dual clock...great feature that it is. It's 60i in the US or 50i in the "rest" of the world.

Super slowmo goes to 12 seconds, rather than just 3. I wish they had an option to install more buffer mem, or allow you to port slo-mo to the memory stick slot so you've got additional slow mo time. Can you imagine such sweet quality for a full 60 second skydive?

Is the 12 seconds the final slowmo time (which means it records 3 to 4 seconds of footage?) or does it actually capture 12 seconds, and makes it last 30 or second (dont know the exact fps recording speed of the slowmo?)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

It captures 12 seconds, which then becomes 48 seconds.

Great review btw.

But 12 second slowmo shoots..thats awesome..that sounds like a great feature for TV commercial shoots (and model/pyro/vfx shoots).

Any chance at seeing a sample of the slowmo mode online?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

you just want me to play instead of work, don'tcha?

Isnt work anything but a big payd hobby then??:P
but yea...plaayyyy
We've been looking into buying a Z1 recently, and this definately looks like something worth waiting out for...

I'll post super slo mo examples later today.

Sweet!
Drop some greasy stuff on the studio floor and shoot it in slowmo!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?