jimmytavino

Can you HEAR your still camera?

:)
Hello Girls and Boys.... I'm a happy guy....
back to skydiving after dislocating my right shoulder while exiting a Casa..approx. 7 weeks ago.... AND>>>>> I now have a Nikon D70S mounted on top..B|;):)..I fire it by means of a Nikon wired remote, ( MC DC1 ) into which I have spiced a conceptus tongue switch... so far so good....:)I can HEAR the camera fire, when I'm on the ground and in the plane... though not so much in freefall....
How about you folks.... Do you find the audible
reassurance that the camera is firing, to be a noticable thing?? a necessary thing? or does it matter????.. Any ideas on adapting some sort of Cam Eye II monitor to a still camera,, in order to make sure that it is ON???? and working??? when we need it to be..???

skydive softly skydive often skydive with friends
jmy.............o[:-)

Congrats on getting back in the air...and on the new camera.

I don't think tactile feedback from shutter release is necessary...you'll get used to it. If you feel like you really gotta have it, you may want to try a bite or hand switch. But I really like my tongue switch. I like the small, unobtrusive feel of it. At first, I tended to click off a whole lot more shots than I intended because I was over-amping on it. I finally figured out to keep my tongue relaxed and then just press lightly but firmly for the shot. It doesn't take long to develop a feel for the right tongue pressure.

-----
I am Dyslexia of Borg, futility is resistant, your ass will be laminated.

I usually fire off a few in the plane where I can feel/hear the shutter clicking before I get to the door. If I have an issue I've got a minute to fix it. With the time out on my camera set for 15 minutes I know once I fire off one in the plane and it works I'm good for the next 15 minutes.

With my FTP I can feel the shutter even in freefall some times.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

With my FTP I can feel the shutter even in freefall some times.

With my camera set to 'continuous', I can feel the tongue switch pulsate on my tongue when I hold it down.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I don't hear it so much as I feel the vibration in my Flat-top-pro.

I do hear it under canopy, though.

I'm not sure if I see the value in a cam-eye style setup. I don't see many problems going on that I can fix in freefall. I make sure that my still is ready and working in the plane, because if something were to go wrong I'd probably be able to fix it there. I surely can't fix it in freefall.

Prior to exit I pop up the flash and take a few shots. The flash illuminating the plane tells me it works, plus I get the occaisional shot like the one attached.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.