Zep

cameras with no LANC

Those of you that do not have a LANC port, How have you fixed up an external LED to show that it's in record mode.

I use a LED-R taped over the cameras tally led, taken to a small circuit with batteries then to a led on the newton or goggles

I use a JVC-GR-DX not pro just fun stuff.

Gone fishing

Did a search an found some answers. Guess I should have done that first,

I will just say looking through the old posts some had circuits to amplify the intesity of the led .

I found a perfect ready made circuit with batteries included
Dont laugh but it was inside one of my kids flashing YO-YO's

Gone fishing

I use a LED-R taped over the cameras tally led, taken to a small circuit with batteries then to a led on the newton or goggles

Little pricey but they sell them here(about halfway down the page)...if you are already making them yourself you are probably taking the much more cost effective route.
Hope this helps...
Miami

Have you tried just not using one?
I used to have a light diode gaffer taped on the front of my camera but it broke years ago and i never got round to replacing it.
For the last 1500 camera jumps or so i've used nothing and haven't yet missed a video (i hope i haven't jinxed myself!)
Just be confident that you have pressed the record button - particularly if you only use the camera for fun.
http://www.garywainwright.co.uk

Instagram gary_wainwright_uk

Likewise. I use neither a cameye nor any type of LED indicator. I simply do not put my helmet on until it's time to move to the door. At that time I press "record", check to see that I am recording, and put my helmet on while facing either the student or the group exiting in front of me. I am simply not a fan of extraneous bullshit on my head. Any regular reader of these forums will know that I also don't use a ringsite. If I am doing tandem video I am more than capable of keeping my subject in frame with the use of a "paper asshole" on my "video goggles".

I seriously don't see the problem with having two or three seconds of possible "head bob" on the video as I put my helmet on. You can always edit that out on the board anyway.

Chuck

Thanks all for the replys, I just like my little red light

I looked at that page, those units are enormous.
look at the circuit from a flashing YO-YO ( 1 euro from the local toy store) batteries included

Gone fishing

Before I got my 330, I used a small blind spot mirror mounted to my altimeter. Worked great.

99 cents at Shuck's Auto

I had totally forgotten that trick! For what it's worth, back when I turned my camera on while it was already on my head, I had no problem hearing my side-mounted camera "spooling up." I would then push my "record" button with my left hand and ask someone if my red light was on (indicating record). The mirror would have negated that last task. Still, I am happiest hitting record and checking that the camera is recording before I put my helmet on. Everyone has their favorite personal technique don't they?;)

Chuck