buckleme

Wide angle lens range

Hello,

I am the proud owner of a new Sony HC90 and am now in the market for a wide angle lens. I am a new video person and would eventually like to use the camera filming tandems( RW, and freefly jumps maybe) What wide angle lens would be best, or what range would I want to look into getting. Also, suggestions on brands/stores to buy from. Thanks!

Also, I have a cannon digital rebel with the 18mm-55mm lens on it. Do I need to purchase a different lens for that or should that one be ok. Thanks for your help!
Blue Skies!
Mary B
Sandillas Rodriguez
Muff Brother #2959 TF #77

Looks like its a 30 mm thread size heres a link to the lense to buy for it ,buy the .3 wide angle and zoom it to your liking for what your filming and manually focus it !
(http://www.royal-lens.com/diamond_stealth.htm#diamond)

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

heres a link to the box id buy for it if they are making one to fit the hc-90 yet? http://www.cookiecomposites.com/proddetail.php?prod=4BBHC40
As far as lenses go for your still camera go's you'll need a sigma 15mm fisheye around 399.00 i believe opps price has gone up a bit at adorama but ya need to shop around a bit for a better deal here's a link to it there http://www.adorama.com/SG1528EOS.html?searchinfo=sigma%2015%20mm&item_no=20

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Yeah..I have been looking at boxes and stuff too...I saw those ones, but none of them say for the HC90..is it the same size as the 20/30/40? Can I mount a cookie box on a bonehead helmet? I have a bonehead mindward helemet that I was going to try to make into a camera helmet since I dont use it for anything else now.

Blue Skies!
Mary B
Sandillas Rodriguez

If you are planning on jumping the Rebel at the same time too do your self a favor and get a FlatTop Pro to start with. The HC likes to be top mounted and you'll need to mount the Rebel on top too.

At the min to make the Mindwarp jumpable is a Chincup and a Flat plate for the top. Thats will into the 250+ range if I remember right.

The Cookie boxes mount on anything.

My FTP currently has on it a PC110, a 10D, L bracket for the 10D, Dbox, Stroboframe to mount the still, and a few other things and flys great.

Don't you have a few people jumping Digital over there at Richmond you can talk to on getting the right helmet setup fine tuned?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

what's up mary

that's cool that you got a camera.

are you wanting to put both your still and video on at the same time??

if so, i wouldn't put them on your bonehead, you'll have a lot of money into it and when it's all said and donw you'll wished you'd gone with a different helmet (other than the mindwarp), i know i do, i'm saving up to buy something else because my mindwarp sucks ass for video (well tandem anyway).

if you need any help setting it up, bring it over to richmond one weekend i'm sure we can get it set up.

later

I want to put the video camera on first and then go from there. I know that the mindwarp is very far from a great camera helmet, but I kinda just spent a bunch of money on the cameras and stuff so a new helmet is definitely not going to happen before the season starts.
I have emailed Bonehead three times and haven't gotten a response so I am kinda leary of them right now too.

Blue Skies!
Mary B
Sandillas Rodriguez

The HC likes to be top mounted and you'll need to mount the Rebel on top too.

Why is that? Weight? Width? Access?

I'm looking to buy a camera right now to mount on my Rat Hat and am considering an HC90, but I'll mostly be using it for inside video (AFF & fun jumps) so top mounting isn't really an option.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

The HC likes to be top mounted and you'll need to mount the Rebel on top too.

Why is that? Weight? Width? Access?

I'm looking to buy a camera right now to mount on my Rat Hat and am considering an HC90, but I'll mostly be using it for inside video (AFF & fun jumps) so top mounting isn't really an option.

Blues,
Dave

The HC series will work for side mount, but they are just a bit wider than the PC series.
The Mindwarp will work ok for just a small sidemount camera, but is NOT a real camera helmet, I'd go with the rest of the people on here when it comes to advice for a camera helmet that you will be able to do it all with... there is only one: the Flat Top Pro :P

Iwan