Fast1

Take photos with a mobile.....

Hi all.. yeah, subject sounds crazy but...that's it. ;) An Italian review that talks about photos taken only with mobile phones contacted me for a 4 pages service...and a cover.... with about 20 photos around skydiving world taken with our mobiles. My friend and me must take some pic at the ground, some next to the airplane, others into the airplane...1 or 2 with my friend in video's position out of the fuselage...and some photos during freefall and descending with the canopy. Then, in june, the same review will give us a new concept prototype phone that can realize movies of about 1 hour...with the same resolution as a vhs.. to realize other clips about skydiving.... and some other stuff.

Now, to take photo in/out the airplane and at the ground....no way to fail. But..... in freefall??? [:/]:DB|

How the hell could I do??

Someone already tryed? I think to hold the mobile with its handle and scoth it to my left hand to be able to shots some pic without loosin' it..

What d'u think about this crazy test?

For sure...I'll post some pics to show you how test is gone........ hopin' to still havin' my mobile.. :S:)
See Ya All
Andrea "Fast" Scaramuzza
http://www.fastsky.org

It would be tricky to be sure, but if they're willing to -give- you the phones (and destroy a couple of them in the process) then yes, it's absolutely possible.

If you don't feel up to it, have them contact me. I'd do it in a heartbeat.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

yeah...ok... but how to "click it" once mounted on the helmet? To keep a video...ok. But to take photos? I must hold it in my hands e hope to be able to press right buttons...
Andrea "Fast" Scaramuzza
http://www.fastsky.org

if you have a nokia there are mounts to wrist bands for some of their models(5140 example) i would tie somthing to that point and conect it to my wrist...

or simple Gaffa the phone onto your left hand,just make sure you can get a clean shot:P

strap a cell phone to a helmet at takes pics whith it? :S i would be impressed if you get a single shot in..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I've taken a disposable camera into freefall with me. Pictures are slightly blurry, but ok.

Most mobiles have a little hook/eyelet for a carrying cord. Attach the cord and slip it over your wrist and you'll probably be fine.

Just be aware of the impact it might have on your emergency procedures.