Jumpmunki

Uk Regs For Foot Bracket

"what are the current uk regulations for jumping a foot mounted or leg mounted camera?"

There aren't any, but my advice would be to chat it over first with an experienced cam flier, then take your scheme/proposal to the CCI. All oddball jumps should be discussed with the CCI, he/she ultimately has the yes/no.

Chances are that with sub 200 jumps, the idea will get knocked back. As the Swiss Fish suggests, consider knives, cutaway systems etc. The more you think the thing through, the greater chance of success with the CCI.

For the ferrin friends, a CCI (Club Chief Instructor) is like a STA type dude.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

6. CAMERAS

6.1. Cameras may only be used by FAI ‘C’ Certificate (Red) parachutists after inspection and approval of a CCI.

6.2. Cameras must be securely fitted. Only in cases of emergency should they be jettisoned.

The ops manual doesn't say where the camera is attached - only that you have to be C licensed to "use" one.

At the end of the day though it's up to the CCI.

sounds good to me

1) i know i have to be c licence
2) we HAVE to carry a hooknife to jump in the uk
3) the footage is going to be for the benefit of the RAPS training program at the dz
4) i've designed a bracket with a cutaway system similar to the skysurf boards (cutaway located at waist level)
5) i've got no intention of jumping it SUB C licence.

thanks for clearning that up guys, i've just heard lots of different stories about this that and the other

Its a bit of that...."new camera flyer being distracted just by wearing a camera even though they are just recording Point of view stuff"....'thang
From what I have been told this takes time to overcome.
Im sure the CCI will want you to be 'comfortable' with 'regular' (ie helmet mounted) camera flying/recording before doing anything 'different'
.....just my thoughts

Im on the verge of taking my setup into the sky in the UK. I'm taking a bit of time to make sure that my 'skills' are suitable ...(back to the tunnel on my belly), my equipment secure, approved and as snag free as possible......before I approach my CCI for cam flying approval.
A bit OTT maybe.....but I think as already said the preparation you do reflects your commitment to what you want to do, and therefore a better chance of getting approved by your CCI.

Would be interesting to hear what experiences people have had with foot monted systems....in terms of problems.
The system I saw ( from Bonehead I think) looked pretty snaggable if your PC bounced around it or you had an unstable deployment...
Riskier or safer than an unprotected ( no box) helmet mounted system ?
What do you think?

Curl your feet up to your butt after tracking hard away and trying to stop and where are your feet? About 1 foot off the back of your container. Add a camera in there and its a huge issue. I've had my D bag hit my tailwing on my Skyflyer3 before... anything is possible.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

True.....but it can happen.
Think of all situations here. In an ideal skydive you are right !....you take a second or 2 to get your very best deployment position get it out there.
Think of something not quite right.....the silly little things that can happen any skydive.
1) Your goggles riding up your face....so your not looking with eyes open....maybe squinting.
2) Trouble located your hacky
3) Some piece of your jumpsuit fallping around that wasnt secured right....
4) something else taking your attention ! ...bad breakoff or someone lost alti awareness so you are already a bit low.

These and others can affect just exactly how 'cleanly' you throw your PC.....

Unlikely? Probably
Worth considering? Probably

Would like to hear from those with experience of these systems.......