cutaway1

pc-109

I just bought a pc-109, I cound not find a pc-105, does anybody know how to remove the attached strap without having to cut it, or is that the only practical way. I would appreciate any recommendations for the best wide angle lens for this camera for free flying.
Thanks alot,
Tim
SCR-21

i cut the metal pin that is at te end of the strap
and than u can take it off
so u do't have to actually cut it

but u will still have the small strap attached to the camera

but i am quite happy with the small strap because i can add an extra attachement point in case that the others fail
( i use an L mounting)

let me know if it works
or maybe u wrecked it already
:ph34r:

It's been awhile since I did mine and it is not in front of me now but you can remove a few screws and take it off the plastic handle and then reatach the plastic handle
edited to add when I get home I will loke at mine and post how to do it-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

It's been awhile since I did mine and it is not in front of me now but you can remove a few screws and take it off the plastic handle and then reatach the plastic handle
edited to add when I get home I will loke at mine and post how to do it-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I did the same thing. You can remove the screws for one mount, and it comes off, but for the other one I just got a thread picker and picked out the threads on the strap so that I could sew it back together in the future - if a need ever presented itself. Then I cut the bracket and put some eopxy in the hole so dirt would not get inside. Works pretty good.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

i cut the metal pin that is at te end of the strap
and than u can take it off
so u do't have to actually cut it

but u will still have the small strap attached to the camera

but i am quite happy with the small strap because i can add an extra attachement point in case that the others fail
( i use an L mounting)

let me know if it works
or maybe u wrecked it already
:ph34r:

That's what I did too and now I like it better without that little metal tip. Also I used a lighter to burn the end into a smooth unfrayed end. :)

I have a PC 109, I found the philips head screws when I opened the tape compartment. Gaffers tape the memory stick input slot, and the rest of the screw holes.
Don't forget... you may/probably will need an addaptor ring to align wide angle lenses to your camera, then gaffer tape that!

I just did this and got it off great, just be careful not to unplug the little bronze plug to the sound board. It took me a little while to figure out how to get that sucker back on when I accidentally unplugged it.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."