BMFin

Check out this baby !!! ;-)

SSkydiver, we have a little bit different canopy rules here in Finland. If jumper has less than 250 jumps, he can still use canopy (not fully elliptical) with wingloading max 1.3. Not of course first-time jumpers, but if you have student-B, or C-license, you can jump it.

And if you are not a heavy guy, that 120 is good as long as your wingloading is under 1.3.

BMFin, looks great! I also received my new Wings two weeks ago B|

Nice rig my man.

Thanks !

I hate to ask this....correct me if i'm wrong.......you have 49 jumps???????AND you fly a Hornet 120?

You are correct. Since Im pretty light weight, I load it around 1.3 . Like eWave already said, thats normal for your first canopy here.

Damn , that last picture is pretty funny :S .As you can propably see from the pic, I took those pics after spending all my money in the local pub. B|:ph34r:

SSkydiver, we have a little bit different canopy rules here in Finland. If jumper has less than 250 jumps, he can still use canopy (not fully elliptical) with wingloading max 1.3. Not of course first-time jumpers, but if you have student-B, or C-license, you can jump it.

And if you are not a heavy guy, that 120 is good as long as your wingloading is under 1.3. I dont think there are rules to what canopy you can fly here in the US. I know that any skydiver with only 40+ jumps flying a wingload of 1.3 is probably going to get hurt and hurt bad. A 1.3 wingload is considered an expert level and i havent seen a skydiver yet that has 40 jumps and is an expert. If i jumped a 120 here in the US, there would be skydivers that would make sure they were well clear from me under canopy, and tell me that i was insane for jumping a 120. Maybe we are a little more strict and safer here in the US. We dont like to see any skydiver eat the dirt and get hauled off in an ambulance or airlifted out. Good luck with the new rig and be very careful with that 120.

BMFin, looks great! I also received my new Wings two weeks ago B|

the difference between the G4 and G4.1 is also that when you don't have the exact size of main or reserve in it it's not wrinkled. G 4.0 got wrinkeled if you downsized. at least that's what i was told.
and G 4.1 is not tapered so much at the bottom.

I didn't know about the gromets though?
how are there only 3+1 grommets.

did you took those pictures with digital camera? if so feel free to take some more pictures (it's never too much of G4 pictures for me:)
i'm expecting mine G4 in 2 weeks. Can't wait !!! [smiley_on_the_edge_of_nervous_brakedown]

"George just lucky i guess!"

Well, my own DV-camera was stolen a month ago so I dont have one right next to me right now. (These were taken by a friend)

There are only three grommets in the "closing flap" of the d-bag , plus the split closing grommet. When making the first stow, I was told to thread the rubberband first through the "split grommet" and then also through the one in the middle of the closing flap. So before making the first stow you thread the rubberband through 2 grommets.

In the beginning I was really confused becouse the manual only has pics of the old 4+1 d-bag, but mine had 3+1. I wasnt so sure if the split d-bag design was very clever, but now I am. Its very easy to pack IMO.

Im sure you will like the design once you get to pack it.

Remember to post pics when you get yours.
B|B|

can't help myself being a G4 whore :D:)

Hmm it sounds complicated with 3+1 grommets now. How did you figure out where do the lines go? was it written in manual but only the pics were old. or did you figure that out all by yourself?

i noticed you didn't get the unisyn. too bad, you get the padding under hip and chest ring with unisyn.
it's expensive i know. i can feel the expensivnes as i speak, because i don't have enough money for food. but who needs food, as long as i get mirage g4 with unisyn :P

Don't worry i won't forget sending pics of mine, when i get it :)

"George just lucky i guess!"

And if you are not a heavy guy, that 120 is good as long as your wingloading is under 1.3.

Hogwash, hogwash, hogwash! Wingloading numbers do not scale well!

And 1.3 is pretty high for most young jumpers on a 170, it's HUGE on a 120.... that's just asking to get people hurt.

I learned at a progressive DZ, but damn.

There's a lot more to proper canopy sizing than wingloading numbers.

-jerm

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

It was my dealer who told me this on the phone. Hes a master rigger too. But I dont want to be liable for any bag-locks... :P

Yes I didnt get the unisyn. But I have the hip-rings..

i don't have enough money for food. but who needs food, as long as i get mirage g4 with unisyn

Exactly.. At least the canopy nazi´s will be pleased to hear about me loosing weight... :)

Be careful... i think your rules suck big times>:(
Its not only the size of the canopi you need to calculate.The lines are also shorther,meaning violant turns if your not careful.Even whith a wingload 1.0 its still dangerus.I hope you use some time at bigger canopies before you use this one.B|

Its a nice rig though;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber