jsfreefly76

Wings 9ft bridle

There was a thread , recently that gave the impression, that bridles for wing-suits should be around 9 ft long, the standard length for bridles supplied by manufacturers. Don't take my word, call the mfg.

Actually, bridles for Bird-Man use should be 108" from pin to PC, not from canopy attachment point to PC.

There is nothing wrong with having a Bird-Man ready PC on a rig, it's just a little extra bridle to stow and it should also have less problems with burbles.

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

dude, i wish i had a longer bridle. for some very odd reason, sunrise sent me like a 5' bridle with my pull out.

The pull-out on my Racer is short too as this is all that is required to "lift" the d-bag from the pack tray, not yank it out possibly dropping line stows.

The pull-out on my Racer is short too as this is all that is required to "lift" the d-bag from the pack tray, not yank it out possibly dropping line stows.

well, the thing about mine is, i also have a small pilot chute, that i custom ordered (before i knew they had suck a short bridle) and they really didn't want to build it, now i see why. and i told them i wouldn't buy the rig unless they built me the size of pilot chute i wanted (just to get it :P). and when i got the rig, it at first was fine, then i got a bit of a bigger canopy, and i was getting these huge delays on a pull out. so, instead of calling them back and saying they where right, i called em up and asked about how to do the bird man option (i had seen it on some other wings, and saw that the hole bottom flap came loose, and not more tight corners). so they told me how to do it, and i did, and now, no more delays. but i still wish i had a bit of a longer bridle, and didn't have to do that. oh well.

later

You're a rigger, right? Why not just "make" exactly what you want?

I'm just a riggin' student so forgive my lack of knowlege, but can't you call the bridle part of the main canopy and go from there, or is it part of the TSO'd harness-container? Are you the only one who'll jump it?

I got a nine foot 28" cazer for birdman and such and I really like it so far.
VectorIII h/c/ Xaos canopies.

You're a rigger, right? Why not just "make" exactly what you want?

if you really want to know the truth, i'm just to lazy to sit down and do it. it really would be quite easy to do i would think. i havn't ever done anything like that, i may sit down at the sewing machine this weekend and make up a bridle, just for shit's and giggles, because i already solved the issue anyway.

later

Throw-out bridles are longer so that you can throw them away from you (and your burble), give them some room to "unpack" and inflate (just outside the burble) then let them have enough force to pull the pin and lift the bag out...popping the pin takes extra force. A longer bridle allows the pc to get a strong anchor point and generate more force.

Pull-outs, on the other hand, are generally inflated as they are drug into the wind (due to the fact that the pud is attached to the pc base, not the appex), so they don't need the extra long bridle to "unpack" themselves, then inflate. Plus, you're holding them into the wind in the proper orientation, so you're helping them inflate (as opposed to a throw-out, where it has to right itself then inflate). Add to it that you're opening the container (something I love about them), so all they need to do is lift the bag out...thus they require less force than a throw-out does.

It's all about initial orientation, rate of inflation, and how much work the pc has to do...

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."