likearock

grip belt on the PC 105

Just got my PC 105 in the mail and am very psyched to start flying with it.

One question though: what do I do about the hand-hold, grip belt? It's pretty easy to take it apart, take off the pad and unthread it from one of the camera's attach points. I can't figure out how to get it off the other attach point though. Is some way to totally take it off so it can be re-attached without too much trouble?

Wayne

I had the same problem with my PC109 and tried to disconnect the hand strap without cutting it. Unfortunately I was not able to do so and finally had to cut it...
Maybe there would have been a better way to do it, does anybody know more?
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

I have taken the handles off of PC100,PC110, PC120, and PC9. They all are pretty simple if you can manipulate a small screwdriver and remember where all the screws go.

I predict the 105 is very similar in ease.

And BTW, if you send your camera in for service, they will give you back a camera with straps put back on (and charge you for it in some cases -- $#% Mack Camera).

Save your parts, and put them back on before servicing.

j

Its simple to get off, really simple doesn't take much time either.

Step 1: locate a pair of sharp scissors or a sharp knife.

Step 2: Cut strap off.

:P

That's what I did to mine, especially since I'll pretty much never ever have a use for it.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I have taken the handles off of PC100,PC110, PC120, and PC9. They all are pretty simple if you can manipulate a small screwdriver and remember where all the screws go.

I predict the 105 is very similar in ease.

And BTW, if you send your camera in for service, they will give you back a camera with straps put back on (and charge you for it in some cases -- $#% Mack Camera).

Save your parts, and put them back on before servicing.

j

Man, those are some pretty small screws, not to mention hard to get to with a screwdriver. Thanks, but I think I'll pass on that one.

Wayne

Its simple to get off, really simple doesn't take much time either.

Step 1: locate a pair of sharp scissors or a sharp knife.

Step 2: Cut strap off.

:P

That's what I did to mine, especially since I'll pretty much never ever have a use for it.

:ph34r:
Sometimes the brute force method is the best. But would that void the warranty?

Wayne

Had the same problem when I got mine the other day. Apparently there is something you do with that small screw. But it seeing as I found the strap awkward to use anyway, I cut it off. It fits fine in my d-box. If I really need the strap again I'll modify it for quick on, quick off use, aka Velcro.
...drags me down like some sweet gravity!!!

What did you do with the plastic lens cap?

Well I took the plastic lense cap off of the hand strap as soon as I got the camera, it's just looped through itself so it's easy to take off, while the handstrap is sewn onto the camera.

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

Haha....I got the deal of the century!!!
In Swakopmund, Namibia, a new PC105 costs like N$12500!!! (It's like 6.5 Nam Dollars to a US 1)
But a buddy of mine bought one in Singapore for the eqivalent of N$6000, used it like 1 hour in 3 months, PERFECT CONDITION!!! And sold it to me for same price. I'm still smiling!!!
...drags me down like some sweet gravity!!!

The hand strap on my 105 lays pretty flat against the camera. Is there really a need to take it off at all?

Well maybe it works okay with a bracket, but it doesn't lie flat enough within the Rawa D-box to not interfere with the shot. A sizeable chunk of the box's front opening was in frame.

I decided to use the Aggie Dave method and now everything works fine.

Wayne