pink

Spectre vs Safire

Depends on what you want out of your canopy. do you want or need 9 cell glide? or do you need super soft openings that the spectre will give you? need more info before advice can be given from the people around here? what are you flying now? how many jumps? etc...

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Personally I do jump spectre 150 and I'm very happy with it B|
But the the new canopy is not for me, it's for my girlfriend. She has 25 jumps and is still jumping with a student gear.
We have started to look for the right gear for her and now we have two options - Safire 169 or Spectre 170.
So the main aspect would be safety and fun :)

I've never flown either, but both should be suitable for her. Remember that the Safire (and maybe the omega) are measured using Precision's system, which gives measurements about 9% smaller than PD's system. Have her jump both, and see which one she likes. I know people who fly and like each one.

Take care

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

My girlfriend is about the same size and off student status she prefered the safire to the spectre of similar sizes (underloaded). If at all possible you should try to arrange for her to try both. For a first canopy you couldnt go wrong with either.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome