Aviatrr

Bullet cams

Ok, I know this subject has been covered....and I searched for and read about half of the threads I found on the subject...but most of them are fairly old.

I'm looking for a 480 line color bullet cam. For those that have purchased them fairly recently, where did you buy it from? How much? Good experience with them? Breakaway cables?

Also, I've seen lots of different lenses for them. Based on what I can tell, most people using them seem to feel that 2.3mm or so is pretty close to a .45 lens on a camcorder, right? I'm planning to use it primarily on my helmet, but also will be getting a wider lens to use it for some other things...such as on the foot for deployment sequence...which lens is recommended for that? I'm assuming I'll go with just the widest I can get for that.

Thanks!

Mike

I got mine from http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/helmet_cameras.htm.

Delivery etc.: nothing to complain about.

Quality: haven't done any direct comparison to the onbord lens. Anyway, I'm very satisfied with the quality, and for those unique shots that I get using this lense I can accept slightly lower quality.

Personaly I will not use this lens as a helmet cam while skydiving.

- Kristian

I also bought the cam this winter at rfconcepts.Great service (the first was not completely to my satisfaction, and they swapped without question). I personnaly prefer the 3.5 lens, the 2.9 lens was too wide-angle for my line of jumping (CRW). 3.5 is equal to a 28mm still-camera lens.
see my website for more info (about pages)
Caren

this is the cheapest I've seen in the US:

http://www.spycameras4less.com/html/weatherproof_cameras.html

I bought this from them:

21CSHRX WeatherproofColor Bullet Camera w/ ExView 480 tv lines

and I'm very happy with it.

I have a Sony PC105 and a cameye sport and that works real nice.

all I need to track down now is a lowprofile a/v in/out plug - the Sony items sticks out WAY too far....

also, I need a mic for things where sound will be cool

have fun

B|

soon to be gone

Just goto ebay and do a search with this word

helmetcam or helmet cam

there will be lots of stuff to check out there....

==========================
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"