vdschoor

Weight of your setup

All,

I am just curious, I am getting a lot of comments about my setup, that it's big, heavy and stuff like that.

I am thinking of getting another helmet (the Flat Top Pro), but I am wondering how much this will reduce the weight of my setup.

Right now it's somewhere around 7 or 8 pounds, what I have is:

A TRV17 on top, with a FM91 battery (soon to be replaced with the FM70, which is only half the size)
The Digital Rebel with Sigma 15mm in front.

I would love to see what the average weight of similar setups is.

Thanks,
Iwan

I haven't weighed my current setup, but my last one was between 7 and 10 lbs, depending on which combinations of cameras...

The 10 pounder was a FTP w/TRV20 (in a Dbox), Canon D60 (20mm Canon Lens), and Olympus E20. Both stills on Stroboframes

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

The 10 pounder was a FTP w/TRV20 (in a Dbox), Canon D60 (20mm Canon Lens), and Olympus E20. Both stills on Stroboframes

J

Thanks Josh! I guess my setup is nowhere near heavy then.
Another reason I want to go the FTP is because I can change more about my configuration with that one. Right now I am kind of stuck with just the TRV in the box on top and a still camera in front.

Any more feedback is very welcome!

Iwan

You're thinking of getting a FTP? What helmet are you currently jumping?

Lori, I have sort of a FTP right now, but it's an older fullbox model, I attached a picture.
I think the Flat Top Pro will be a lot lighter, but I am not exactly sure, I am looking into it.
The other reason for the FTP is that I can put different configurations on there, compared to just one for now.

Thanks,
Iwan

All,

I am just curious, I am getting a lot of comments about my setup, that it's big, heavy and stuff like that.
I would love to see what the average weight of similar setups is.

Last year I was jumping a FTP, including one (or sometimes 2) TRV11 videocams and a Nikon 801. Together (one videocam) this weight somewhat more than 2 kilo's (5 pounds???)

Today I've changed my setup to a FTP with bulletcam and canon rebel (non-digital) and I have now some 500 grams on top of my head.

it sure does have a different feeling, and no more neck-pain B|
By the way, it's funny to hear the comments when I board with only the bulletcam (it's inside the front of the FTP), and the comments people make inside the plain ('isn't she forgetting something??? where is the cam???' :)
Caren