LouDiamond

Canon Fish-Eye Lens FD 15mm 2.8

I know several people are using the Sigma 15mm with good results but I was wondering who has or is using the canon 15mm on a DSLR and how are the pictures coming out?
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Had a chance to play with one at a high end camera shop this past week. Not my digital camera, but theirs (without a flash card).

The image looked AWESOME through the viewfinder. That's all I can add. :)
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I've read a few reviews of it and seen shots from ground based photographers but almost all were using 35mm and not a DSLR. I am curious as to how it works in the air with the DSLR and if the same visual effect is seen or if it's to a lesser degree. I am assuming it is not as pronounced since the focal conversion works out to 24(15 X 1.6).
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Hey Lou,
I just bought a Sigma 15mm and a Canon 10D. It should be here by this weekend. I'll be at the CSS Skyposium and let you look at it there,
Dave

Scott, look at the pics that Iwan has on his shutterfly site. Those are all taken with the Sigma 15. Because of the magnification factor, almost all the fisheye is clipped off.

That picture of the moderators exiting that I got published with you in it was with the Sigma 14mm asperical.

If you are going to part with the cash to get the Canon 15, I would think seriously about the Sigma 14.

JP

lou
i have been using a sigma 15mm fish eye for some time now and am very happy with it's performance. in fact one of our favorite pictures of you and b2 was taken with the sigma. i am sure either lens will serve you well and it is highly unlikely that if you choose the sigma any one will ever say "that would have been much nicer had you used a cannon lens" or vis versa.
another thing to consider is that either lens will out resolve the digital format so with digital it seems the choice is much less crucial. one last thing. because the imaging sensor is a 1.6 ratio to 35 mm you will only be using the sweet spot of your glass even when shooting wide open. so again lens choice is less critical.

the camera/lens only takes the photo it is the mind that creates the image.

hope that helped

mcgowan

hope that helped

NICE! That's info I like to hear since I should have one in a few more days. I look forward to trying it out now.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

WHATEVER YOU DO (DON'T) BUY THE CANON 15 MM FISHEYE LENSE ,I JUST GOT RID OF A NEW ONE AND TOOK A BEATING ON IT .TRADED IT IN FOR THE SIGMA 15MM ,IT'S A GREAT LENSE .THE CANON HAS A FOGGING ISSUE DUE TO IT'S THICKNESS OF LENSE AND EXTREME CURVED SHAPE OF THE OUTSIDE LENSE! IT WOULD BE A WASTE OF YOUR MONEY FOR THE CANON

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................