Faber

Bullet cams

I use a 21CWS-HRX. It's a Sony EXVIEW HAD CCD High resolution 480 TVL - 438k real pixels in the PAL version. The quality is somewhat similar to the early DCR-PCx serie of camcorders. I paid 150 GBP for it.

I pierced an oval hole on top of my helmet to accomodate it, and used 2 clamps to mount it. The leads run inside the helmet. I connect the camera to a camcorder through a 4-pin connector (V+, V-, audio, video). Some soldering is required. I use a 2.9 mm lens, which gives 130 degrees of viewing angle (the maximum I was able to find, but IMH ok to do nice shots).

So far, I am very happy with the quality.
The problems are:
- cables running from the helmet to the camcorder (I carry it in the pocket). To do base I suggest you might even think about a small 2.4 Ghz radio A/V transmitter.
- batteries: a 9v alkaline lasts 10 mins max. I am working to fit a 12V flat Li-ion battery inside the helmet.

'hope this helps
Diego

Ask Cato.She is jumping on and is in the forums quit alot

yep, and I am enyoing it (the bulletcam I mean B|, no more neck-stress :-) I am also jumping the 21CWSHR with Sony ccd in it, bought at rfconcepts.co.uk
Since I already had a flat top pro which fitted very very well, I used that helmet again for the bulletcam. see pictures.
The camera is attached via a wire with a trv33 closely strapped on my belly, using a cameye sport to start and stop.

see more on my webpage, the about sections tells you more about the setup
Caren

I've also got the 21CWSHR bullet cam bought at rfconcepts.co.uk. So far I have used it as a helmet camera for mountainbiking, skiing and other "fast" activities.

I'm very satisfied with the quality. Haven't done any direct comparison to the recordings with the cam's onboard lens, but even if it has slightly lower quality, it gives me unique shots that I would not have got otherwise.

As for skydiving/BASE, my intention is to use a regular setup for helmet camera, and use the bullet camera for experimental camera angles from other bodyparts than the head.

- Kristian

okay i just did a better recearch,and i even think it were said here before.. it should be the 2.9mm lens(only wideangel)that i should use. a 4.3mm lens will follow whith the pack,i must expect that that is a regular lenss.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

.. it should be the 2.9mm lens(only wideangel)that i should use. a 4.3mm lens will follow whith the pack,i must expect that that is a regular lenss.

I ordered by bullet cam wit three lenses: the 2.9 already on the camera, and the 3.6 and 4.3 After some testing, it turned out that the 2.9 is far too much wide-angle for my purpose (mainly CRW) The 3.6 turned out to be almost equal to my 28mm lens on my still-cam, so I decided to switch. Note that you need some special appliance to un-screw the lens and put the new one on the camera
with regards to your other question: I bought a rather standard (digital-)camera bag in which the TRV33 fitted almost perfectly. To this bag, my friend-the-rigger (thanks Kees) sowed a belt (2 inch wide) with a snap. I wear the belt below the harnas, so first put on the belt, then put on the harnas.
it fits very well, I do not feel it when jmping, or sitting in the plane. The weight is minimal (compared o the weight I had on my head before :D)
if you need more info, just ask.
Caren

what do you mean by suitable for FTP?

you will edit your video anyway which means you will compress it to avi mepg mov or somthing,which dont care about pal or ntsc...

sorry if i dont understand your Q correct..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

what do you mean by suitable for FTP?

you will edit your video anyway which means you will compress it to avi mepg mov or somthing,which dont care about pal or ntsc...

sorry if i dont understand your Q correct..

My fault for not being specific. I would like to fit it to my FTP like Cato has on his(ie fitted inside the shell of the helmet). However, I am not sure of the dimensions of the camera etc.

Also, is it suitable to use, given I have no experience of bulletcams. I just know that my neck would appreciate it!!!!!!;)

Bryn
Journey not destination.....

LOL for a computer nerd, FTP means File Transfer Protocol, but Flat Top Pro works as well :ph34r:

BTW Cato's a girl too ;)

OOOOPs, so used to acronyms in skydiving forget about ones in the real world.

Apologies to Cato:$.

Bryn
Journey not destination.....

[reply
BTW Cato's a girl too ;)

Apologies to Cato:$.

no problem :D
by the way, I did have a look at the helmetcamera.com page, an although I could not find the exact dimensions of the camera, it surely looks the same size as mine. So that should fit. But notice that I had to remove some of the inner shell to make it fit, and it is not easy to drill the hole at the exact place :-) you can only do that from the outside, and you can not mark the spot exactly.... hold your breath and drill ;)

by the way, my page has now some pictures made with the bullet cam on it, look at the NL-page and follow the links at the left.

bye
Caren