Fetishom

Pc-105 Video connector

The S-Video connector on the PC 105 is handy but in my case, I want to connect an outside video camera on it (a small tube camera on my headset and my Sony on my chest).
If you look at that connector, it's at right angle in the camera. If bent, it certainly will break. I need a 90 degrees connector. I asked several Sony shop but the only have the regular cable.
I'm in terrible lost.
Any advice on were to get the connector would be appreciate.
[email protected]
Serge Dufour

Yeah they are two a penny. Just check out your local Maplins or Radio Shack depending on where you live. They should have those in stock.

The new Sony "standard" all in one cable.... Good Luck ! I can bet sony bash out one cable that we all have to use or we don't get to use Sony as thats they way they are. It annoys me that a company with such great products always trys to make things as difficult as possible for you to interface their products with anything else.

Give it a few months (the cable you're looking for is still a relativly new item) and some non-brand cable co will produce a knock off version that may be of use to you.

I have been looking for a cable that takes the "round" S-video end and slpits it to the composite ends. Does anyone know of a cable that does this.

Yap! I sure do have one of them. 2 as a matter of fact. They're from my old PowerMac 7100/80av;)

I did a search on eBay but found none. I'll post pictures tomorrow.
My other ride is the relative wind.

from the posts around these days it seems quite a few people are using bulletcams now and a fair number have PC105s or another Sony that uses the VMC15FS A/V Cable (see attached pic)

Has anyone managed to source a cable with, or one of these d-plugs that's a 90 degree or very low profile yet?

And a wiring diagram for the A/V cable?

I'd like to get that kind of connector for two reasons:
-with a 90 degree plug the PC105's profile is much reduced, to allow fitment in a smaller space, such as a 'fannypack' or a waterproof plastic box
-I would like to mount one and leave it in place while having my PC105 in my 2KC sidemount helmet, so that I can use the A/V port without having to remove the camera from the helmet

and as an aside, for anyone with a PC105 wanting to go the bulletcam route, I can confirm that the cameye sport works with the PC105 in VCR mode

cheers
sam

soon to be gone