motherhucker

before buying online...

So in the interest of finding good deals that aren't scams, I say that we build a list of either good or bad camera stores.
Let's make the responses "I'll go back to ____ b/c their customer service, etc." Or "___ sucks ass because they overcharged my cc, waited 10mo to deliver, etc.." Bashing for no reason doesn't help someone who's looking to find a good reseller.

I've used B&H Photo Video, They have a wide selection, fairly low prices, and deliver what they say.

D

Ok, I'll start.
I bought a Canon 10D from [ url "www.robertsimaging.com/" ] Roberts [/url] and I paid $1399 for it. It arrived in less than a week, they didn't overcharge, and was new in the box, USA warranty.

I also got a Pelican 1520 case from [ url "www.sailtechmarine.com/" ] Sailtec Marine [/url] for $89.89 and it also came in about a week and was new in the box, and had the full liner.

So far so good,
D

Fishy so far, enough so to cancel my order.
www.expresscameras.com

UNBELIEVABLE prices on very expensive cameras:
check out the AG-DVX100A for $2549!

(That's way below wholesale on that camera)

Also, they seem to go WAY out of their way on their website to make themselves seem like a Verisign, AMEX, etc etc "approved" seller--but strangely, none of the links that say "click here" don't seem to work. I think it's bogus.

buyer beware!!

I've bought three cameras (both video and digital still) from Dbuys, and have had nothing but good experiences. I would definitely use them again.

The same goes for B&H. Although I have never purchased a big ticket item from them, I have put through a large number of smaller orders, and all items have arrived on-time (or early) and are packaged extremely well.

Blue ones
Dave
My site...

Profeel is fast, answers the phone and has great prices. I have bought from them several times and will definitely do so again.

http://www.profeel.com

yeap. bought both my PC110 (PAL model) and digital rebel from them.
good prices, fast delivery and not a lot of mess (i was paying with an Israeli credit card)
i'll probably buy from them again when the time comes...

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."