SSkydiver

Triathlon openings

I have a tri 160 with the 3 mod, it never slammed me (yet), even when I stuff the nose without rolling it. I always pull the slider out towards the nose though.
On mine I can get looong snivelly openings by rolling the nose tightly, but it tends to open off heading the more you roll it. I stick to 2 or 3 times... it takes about 500ft. Rolled it to the B-lines once to see what it does, and it wasnt pretty (took forever to open, I'd guess about 800)

Just my 2c's worth, I've only had it for about 60 jumps up to now.

>Anything worth doing requires a helmet<

HI SS, At my dz the rental gear is tri canopys in infinity containers. I've been jumping 220 and 190 tri and on the 220 the openings ave about 800 ft long and sweet. the 190 tri I'v jumped three times only one opening was good, the secound one slamed me and the third one gave me a bloody nose.>:(I think there are some issues with the 190, however I like the tri overall because you can land them on a dime, good luck with yours. blue skies

I've only gotten one semi-hard opening on my Tri-160 Hybrid loaded at 1.25 with brand new lines. I didn't have the nose rolled and I was still in a slight track. I usually don't roll the nose.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

My Tri 150 loaded at 1.1 did open quite quick when it was new. I rolled the nose in from each side about 3-4 time leaving the centre cell open. Also pulled the slider out past the nose 2-3 inches. This did slow the openings down to 500 to 800 ft. After about 200 jumps I found I only needed to roll the nose in about 1-2 times.

I put about 300 jumps on my Triathlon 160 and only had one hard opening (line dump). I rolled the nose on mine about 3 or 4 times. It usually opened in about 600-700 ft. always on heading. I hear alot of negative stuff from people about TRI'S but I think they are great. Just make sure your line stows are tight.
Dom

i put about 200 jumps on a tri 190. I never had a bad opening . i do recomend getting the packing video. Openings were about 700-800 ft always on heading. I recomend the Triathlon.
Blue Skies
Joe
"Knowledge is the antidote to fear."
--- Ralph Waldo Emerson

My triathlon sniveled about 600-800 feet. After jumping a Raven, I didn't mind a bit. If you get uncomfortable openings, star the slider and roll the nose with the tail a bit. I did this all the time, but check with your instructors before hand and see what they think about you doing this. It is a great all around canopy.

John D-24352