DJL

RUDE service at Bestbuy Digital.net

What I wrote to the owner:

The person who called me today (Dec 29, 2003 approx 2:50 PM) to confirm my order was being very rude with me. He claimed to be a manager, but I didn’t get his name. I ordered the barebones order with the intent of getting all other accessories later, including a battery charger. He was trying to get me to buy the charger and I said, “thank you, but I’m happy with this order.” His reply was a repeated, “What, you’re only going to use it for 30 minutes.” And “I don’t think you know what you’re talking about, I’ve been in video for 15 years and I do. I don’t think you’ve done your research here.” This kept up for several minute while I told him that I was happy with my order and he kept insulting me by saying that I don’t know what I’m talking about etc. Finally, I told him that I though he was being rude, please process my order. He continued with the same so I canceled my order. I was purchasing the camera to use for skydiving and already have arranged a means for a better charger and other accessories.

Anyone else have experience with these people?

http://store.yahoo.com/buydigital/index.html
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

That's too bad about your experience.

It looks like this could be a real small retailer since it is a yahoo store. You probably made a good call by cancelling your order reducing any further headaches.

I personally make all my online purchases from bhphotovideo.com. They are one of the largest stores oneline/with an actual store front out of New York.

I've bought 2 camera bodies, lenes and video camera and accesories from them without a single complaint. Fast service competitve prices and good delivery times. You might pay a few dollars more but not much. What I pay any extra for I get the confidence that its coming from a reputable reatiler.

One thing, they are New Yorkers so have your order ready and credit cards handy if nyou call the order in. They like to move fast, I do most of my orders online now. Their store is set up really nice.
www.canopyflightcenter.com
www.skydivesac.com
www.guanofreefly.com

I've done a ton of buying from "Camera World". You can look online at cameraworld.com, or even cheaper (I don't know why) 1-800-camera1 They are outa Oregon so there are no taxes. I'm an oregon resident, so that may be just for residents.

Also, B&H is pretty friggin cheap too. I've done business with them too, but would prefer CameraWorld only because they are close, but sometimes not as cheap.

If you get a quote from one, go to the other and let them know the quote, and you may get even a better price.

good luck.
my pics & stuff!

This is the perfect reply. Peter Pan emailed several local people asking where he should buy from. I think my email response to him sums up his buying experience:

"I think this was the point of my email and one of the many reason I buy 90% of my photo crap from B&H. Thank you for reinforcing that fact, not to mention the fact that you......."

Personal attack editted out.

Webber tells no lies and this is funny. He sent me the link as an example of how some places had 105's for dirt cheap but suggested I watch out for stripped down prices with snags that screw you up the ass on everything else. I checked them out pretty well to make sure I was getting good stuff. Didn't know they were run by a bunch donkeys.

It does come with a charger, it's just the kind you have to keep plugged in overnight. I only plan on using the thing two minutes at a time or when I know someone who's drunk is about to get pummeled, so for now, I don't care so much about the recording time.